Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 11:02:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selection cube  (Read 7467 times)
hotdog

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2011, 06:44:05 PM »

I think it would be a very good idea to get rid of the selection cube. It totally destroys immersion to have this thing crop up everywhere you move your mouse. Just do it like minecraft does with the crosshair or similar. Other than that it's a great game and it's nice to have a world with ready made buildings etc to start off in. The cube really does spoil everything for me though. You have such nice water with animation and sound so you really feel you are going for a swim ... apart from the big yellow cube. I hope you understand what I mean and that I am not trying to criticise for the sake of it but rather to improve one aspect of the game. Thanks for listening!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »

There will be a way to turn it off at some point soon.  The people who make videos have requested this several times.

Minecraft has a selection cube too but it's black.  In Mythruna a black cube could almost never be seen so I made it more visible and when you are building it is useful.

At some point there will be a distinction between building and just "gaming" in the UI... at that point the selection cube will only be there in build mode.  Even before that, I will add a way to toggle it on and off... I just have to get some other things done first that are driving me crazy. Smiley
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »

Well their should be a "Movie" mode where the camera movement is Smooth and simple like, with no GUI what so ever.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

Well their should be a "Movie" mode where the camera movement is Smooth and simple like, with no GUI what so ever.

Yes, other than the movement part, you can get that now.  Hit F3 to get rid of the HUD and F11 to get rid of the debug stats.

...the only issue is the big yellow selection cube. Smiley

P.S.: You just made the 200th post. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »

And note: the plan is that in the final version of the game, all HUD elements will have three modes: regular, minimum, and off.

I'm all about a minimal HUD with only the bare essentials.  Though I also know there are times when it's good to have other parts open, like maybe your inventory open while you are working on something or whatever... or a mini-map when you are doing something... where as other times you might only want a tiny health/magic bar.
hotdog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 07:27:25 AM »

There will be a way to turn it off at some point soon.  The people who make videos have requested this several times.

Minecraft has a selection cube too but it's black.  In Mythruna a black cube could almost never be seen so I made it more visible and when you are building it is useful.

At some point there will be a distinction between building and just "gaming" in the UI... at that point the selection cube will only be there in build mode.  Even before that, I will add a way to toggle it on and off... I just have to get some other things done first that are driving me crazy. Smiley

I see, thanks a lot, that will be awesome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: