Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 07:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Admin tool suggestions  (Read 7049 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2012, 11:51:19 AM »

Since I've only heard of a few admin type things I want to put some suggestions of what admins could use. Maybe a /hide command? It would turn you invisible and you could watch people. /spectate (Player) would let you look through the eyes of other people and watch them do things to look for griefers. A /stats (Player) to look at blocks destroyed and blocks placed. If possible a /fly command for testing things or for easier building. A /teleport (player) (player) to teleport a player to another player. A /disablebuild (player) to disable a player from building. A /mute (player) to stop a player from talking and a /unmute (Player).

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:09:15 PM »

The equivalent of teleport and disablebuild already exist.

Fly will exist when there is flying again.

Hide is also a good idea and is planned.  I like the ability to see through a player's eyes, too.  I was going to add the ability for a DM to take over an NPC... but I also like the idea of being able to semi-possess a player at least just to follow them around and watch what they do.

Stats, the only stats I keep are the ones you can see in "who"... though I could probably show you a list of the objects they created, it would be a long list.

re: Disablebuild, currently there are two different forms.  The one I actually use for griefers is "nerf"... there is a grant "permission" called "nerf" (~grant playerNumber nerf) that makes it so they can only edit on their local client but the server ignores it.  So they think they are still editing but in fact no one else sees it.

This is good because then the problem-player is less inclined to escalate things into some kind of grief-war because a) they might not even notice and b) it also kind of looks like a bug.  Though I guess I did just let the cat out of the bag... it's important for admins to know about these things.

The other option reverts their changes when they make them and so it's obvious to them that it has happened.
Sunjammer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:04:04 PM »

By the sounds of it we want everything we could do with the NWN DM client and the DMFI Wand. That's not asking too much is it?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:23:12 PM »

By the sounds of it we want everything we could do with the NWN DM client and the DMFI Wand. That's not asking too much is it?

Nope. Smiley  And it's exactly what I think of when I build these things. Smiley

The truth is that adding scripts to mythruna is really easy... for someone with a little scripting know-how.  So what I don't provide then I'm sure the community will.

All of the admin tools so far are just Groovy (http://groovy.codehaus.org/) scripts I wrote and put in my scripts directory.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 12:48:24 AM »

re: Disablebuild, currently there are two different forms.  The one I actually use for griefers is "nerf"... there is a grant "permission" called "nerf" (~grant playerNumber nerf) that makes it so they can only edit on their local client but the server ignores it.  So they think they are still editing but in fact no one else sees it.

hehe, thats the way to 'take care' of griefers, very cool =)
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 07:21:02 AM »

Sigh... I feel like going out and learning the groovy syntax but my head is already filled with useless languages... I know enough to make pointless applications... but not enough to make something good...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: