Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 06:22:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Project's Structure Organization  (Read 6369 times)
scorch

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:10:30 PM »

So, I am starting with JMonkey Engine SDK, and I've been wondering what would be the best structure for the application (game) so that it would be extendible in the future, allowing me to go as further as I want and have free time to. But I'm not accostumed to it, so I just wanted to know what do you recommend me (mainly Paul). Grin

I already have a lots of experience with .NET Framework, PHP, C, JavaScript, etc... I am familiar with EDP (Events Driven Programming) and OOP (Objects Oriented Programming). So, my question isn't about programming itself, which I am very accustomed to already, but rather to the organization of the project in the SDK, which is my first time working with. Grin

Cumps,
Scorch
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 03:18:17 PM »

Step 1) go through all of the JME tutorials.

The rest largely depends on what kind of game you are building.  The JME forums are also very helpful with these questions if you don't get what you want here... after all, there are a lot more JME developers over there. Smiley
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:28:18 PM »

Hum... Ok, I have alredy been through all of the begginers tutorials, and I though them really simple. Perhaps I need to think a little more, but it doesn't seems really hard. My biggest question is:

Packages are like namespaces in .NET, right? If so, should my game be in one package, os should the multiple components be divided into multiple packages that are the joined together in the main package?

I'm sorry for being so annoying... Lips sealed
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

Go through the other tutorials also... and maybe some Java tutorials, too.

Yes, you want multiple packages... though starting out with just one isn't bad.
scorch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:34 PM »

Ok, I'll follow your advice. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:48:13 PM »

Ok, I'll follow your advice. Smiley

Also, while it's a big pill to swallow all at once, there is the MonkeyZone project which might make a decent enough example of a whole application.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: