Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:58:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scripting console...  (Read 19054 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »

i would definitely like to see some documentation for scripting, there are so many things i would like to try but being unfamiliar with java and thus groovy it has been difficult trying to decipher what the xyz.groovy files actually do without being able to see the code for the #includes etc.

I will document more of the API later.  AI will certainly add a bunch of new things and potentially restructure some other so I don't want to spend too much time on API docs right now.  Though it is high on my list.

In the mean time, getting familiar with groovy is a great idea if you can find some way to do it.
chessikr

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 07:02:36 PM »

coming form a long background in c++ getting used to java and java-esque syntax is giving me headaches lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 07:38:31 PM »

coming form a long background in c++ getting used to java and java-esque syntax is giving me headaches lol

Well, and groovy adds its own tricks to the mix.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 08:55:30 PM »

Java-script is relatively easy to learn, you just have to learn it for a specific task the programmer has java-script set to. Like... One game could do: world.positionPlayer(x,y,z)
and another game might have: player.Teleport(x,y,z). This was just me finding out I know java-script. Smiley Or, this is to what I know. Cheesy completely off topic I suppose.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: