Mythruna
April 26, 2024, 09:55:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: This game is like Minecraft but higher graphics, more fun.  (Read 24354 times)
assaulth3ro911

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 12:43:04 PM »

Minecraft gives me a headache anyways, if they removed that shake when you walk and improved a few things, it wouldn't. I also hope a plane like mod would be here on launch, I'd be very happy if so. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 01:19:07 PM »

What do you mean "plane like mod"?
assaulth3ro911

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 05:21:48 PM »

There's a Minecraft mod where you can use blocks and turn them into planes. Smiley And fly them.

I also hope you remember me. Smiley I offered to help program, via your fanpage on Facebook.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 05:58:16 PM »

You can already fly around though it's not perfect.  It's kind of an exploit at the moment. Smiley

Build an object big enough to hold yourself.  Make it physical.  Stand on it and then pick it up and drag it.

I've made some boats that I use to fly all over the world. Smiley

There will be real flying someday, though.  Airships, etc.
assaulth3ro911

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 10:35:23 PM »

Minecraft is a fairly premature game, I take it you'll make this game more developed and constantly update it?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 10:48:33 PM »

Minecraft is a fairly premature game, I take it you'll make this game more developed and constantly update it?

That's the idea.  I also want to actually foster a modding community from the beginning rather than requiring people to hack the game to add stuff.  To the extent that someday I'd even like to setup the site for people to upload and share their mods... perhaps letting them charge for them if they want to.  Sort of a mythruna app store.  An easy place to go to get add ons that are "ready to go".

I'm trying to make a game that I can play too.  Randomly generated worlds is one part of the... getting to play other peoples' adventure packs, cities, towns, lands, etc. will be another.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:21:18 AM »

About the planes mod... Mythruna is 5 leagues away from being modded into something that MOVES blocks in different angles (Unless you want to staple tables,chairs and beds together when Paul comes out with the physics update). So don't get your hopes up now. The modding community is currently... Smaller than 10. xD

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »

About the planes mod... Mythruna is 5 leagues away from being modded into something that MOVES blocks in different angles (Unless you want to staple tables,chairs and beds together when Paul comes out with the physics update). So don't get your hopes up now. The modding community is currently... Smaller than 10. xD

Just to clarify: the current object support can move objects at any angle.  It's only the user interface that locks them into a fixed up axis.

With the next update, it will even be possible to create objects (through scripts, not in game) at any scale.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:36:21 AM »

I shall create a Giant Boulder then and let it roll down a hill on someone. Or add rockets onto a table and... Why do I have a feeling this is turning into Gmod  Grin

Evtal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 12:57:20 PM »

i found out about an MC mod that gives you the ability to make smaller blocks, like this game. i can't wait to play this game. it looks like a great idea to play. it may just rival Minecraft. i hope it can run well on a 516 MB ram computer. i have to use an ubuntu computer.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 01:03:07 PM »

i found out about an MC mod that gives you the ability to make smaller blocks, like this game. i can't wait to play this game. it looks like a great idea to play. it may just rival Minecraft. i hope it can run well on a 516 MB ram computer. i have to use an ubuntu computer.

Can you place them anywhere or only on the "grid" where other blocks go?

In Mythruna, these are separate objects that can be placed anywhere... and sometime soon they will even act "physically":http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ4t5ltNCv0

It might run ok on a 516 MB computer if you keep the clip short.  You might be able to run it at the default 128 meter clip if you tweak the startup settings in the .sh file.
Evtal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »

lets hope. i haven't used the little blocks mod, myself, so i don't know for sure how it works. how do you keep the clip short?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

lets hope. i haven't used the little blocks mod, myself, so i don't know for sure how it works. how do you keep the clip short?

F12 controls the clip distance.  It starts at 128 meters and can be extended to 160 and 192 before jumping down to 64.

I ran in JVM default memory settings for a long time at 128 clip... so it might work for you.  But since you say you'll be running on linux, it would be easy to tweak the settings in the starup .sh file to lower the max direct memory and max memory to something more reasonable.  Or you could try removing those options completely and seeing how well it runs with default settings.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »

Though, I will say, that having only 512 meg of RAM doesn't bode well for the power of your machine in general.

...it might not end up being RAM that holds you back.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:41 AM »

Paul, the mod for minecraft with tiny blocks is called "LittleBlocksMod". You can place blocks like 1/80th the size of normal blocks. Add a doorbell and it probably will only take up one block of space. And some mods already add physics, but you can't fling things around. Only tornadoes,volcano's and stuff in the mods can toss blocks around to look like they're moving (in all kinds of directions). On www.Minecraftforum.net They have a full section for mods, they add items, and nearly anything really. Flying planes, New mobs, even bosses. Lol... Notch just gave 3 million dollars to his 25 employees. Generosity ftw!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 08:19:56 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: