Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 06:36:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Startup Freeze Problem  (Read 17561 times)
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2012, 04:21:07 PM »

Hi all,

Firstly i'm impressed as far i see the game and i want to try it. I have Java 6 Update 29 - build 1.60_29-b11 and app just freezing at title screen. And i'm tried first release of game, and it's works well. Also client.log is always blank and i've tried linux version. No one works. Are you can suggest a solution ?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:26:45 PM by atahanbozkurt » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 04:57:19 PM »

Hi all,

Firstly i'm impressed as far i see the game and i want to try it. I have Java 6 Update 29 - build 1.60_29-b11 and app just freezing at title screen. And i'm tried first release of game, and it's works well. Also client.log is always blank and i've tried linux version. No one works. Are you can suggest a solution ?

Thanks.

Is there an error log?  (Should look like error-123456.log where 123456 is some unique number)

By "title screen" do you mean the one that lets you set the display settings or the one with the "Single Player", "Multiplayer", etc. menu?
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 04:27:28 AM »

There is no error log. Also i mean splash screen by title. ("Mythruna" (a text with image overlay and stroke effect) and under that "Role Playing Game" text)
I'll try latest versions until its works. And you can understand by changelogs problem's source.

Mythruna-Windows -Works Perfectly (First Release)
Mythruna-2012-02-16-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2012-02-14-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-12-23-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-12-18-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-12-17-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-12-12-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-11-21-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-10-17-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-10-10-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-10-02-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-09-30-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-09-29-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-09-22-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-08-30-Windows -Doesn't Works
Mythruna-2011-07-16-Windows -Doesn't Works - Creates an error log and size is "92.033 KB" (Same with others)
Mythruna-2011-07-14-Windows -Doesn't Works - Creates an error log and size is "92.033 KB" (Same with others)
Mythruna-2011-07-09-Windows -Works but singleplayer button doesn't do anything also freezeswithout error when connecting to default server with writing only user id without password. / Crashing when press options button.
Mythruna-2011-07-05-Windows -Works but singleplayer button doesn't do anything also freezeswithout error when connecting to default server with writing only user id without password. / Crashing when press options button.
Mythruna-2011-06-27-Windows / Works but singleplayer button doesn't do anything also freezes without error when connecting to default server with writing only user id without password. / Crashing when press options button.
Mythruna-2011-06-24 / Works but singleplayer button doesn't do anything also freezes without error when connecting to default server with writing only user id without password. / Crashing when press options button.
Mythruna-2011-05-23 / SP Works without problem but freezes without error when connecting to default server with writing only user id without password. / Crashing when press options button.
Mythruna-2011-04-30 / SP and Options works without problem. / Freezes when i press connect.
Mythruna-2011-04-20 / SP and Options works without problem. / Freezes when i press connect.
-BUILDS between 04 - 02 months i think i don't need to download. This list is enough.-
Mythruna-2011-02-02/ Everything Works Fine.
Mythruna-2011-02-20/ Works Fine except world loading too slow.

All error logs are same. First 11 line:

Code:
Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[main,5,main]
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at mythruna.MainStart.main(MainStart.java:71)
Caused by: org.progeeks.util.InspectionException: Error calling setter[ set(invertMouse, false)]
at org.progeeks.util.Inspector.set(Inspector.java:903)
at mythruna.ClientOptions.set(ClientOptions.java:160)
at mythruna.ClientOptions$BooleanPref.loadValue(ClientOptions.java:376)
at mythruna.ClientOptions.loadPrefs(ClientOptions.java:121)
at mythruna.ClientOptions.<init>(ClientOptions.java:76)
at mythruna.ClientOptions.<clinit>(ClientOptions.java:24)
... 1 more
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:54:32 AM by atahanbozkurt » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 09:35:49 AM »

It's kind of a shot in the dark but have you made sure your video drivers are up to date?

What kind of graphics card do you have?
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »

Graphic card driver is up-to-date. I'm using Nvidia MSI GTX 460
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:32 AM »

When the application is run it goes through the following steps:
1) The splash screen comes up with just an image, no buttons or anything.
2) The settings dialog comes up.  It has the same image as the splash screen and has buttons and settings at the bottom.
3) The game launches and there is a main menu where you can click on single player or multiplayer, etc.

Does the latest version hand at (1) or at (2)?

If it's hanging at (1)... if you look in the windows task manager is the application still running or did it just leave the splash screen up?

Older versions of the software cannot connect to the current public server.  The protocols are incompatible and a change in one of the low-level APIs means that you don't even get a nice message about it.  The older versions were also much worse at handling network errors.

The snippet of the error log that you posted is interesting but I don't think it includes enough.  Can you attach the first 1000 or so lines of one of these files?  Preferably one from the most recent version that you got a log from.

Thanks for your patience and sorry this is being a pain.
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 11:30:33 AM »

1) The splash screen comes up with just an image, no buttons or anything.
Latest version is hanging at 1. Still running by increasing memory size.
Also i've compressed and attached log file (135 kb / actually 153 mb)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »

Thanks.  I had to install Winrar to look at them but it was useful.

There is something funny about the way Java is running on your system.  I'm not sure if there is an underlying error triggering an odd sequence of events or if there is just some other problem.

Either way, I know how to fix the error that you see... and at least that will get us to the next error if there is an underlying one.

For this and other reasons, I think I will post a release tonight or something even if it's only something I post to the forums.  We'll see.

Thanks for taking the time to upload the logs.  Can you confirm which version this log came from?  I want to double check that I'm looking at the right code.
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 12:00:34 PM »

You're welcome. Absolutely i can. It's release 2011-07-16.

Thanks. Good luck.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »

To see if this works past your issue (and maybe uncovers a different one), I've posted a build here:
http://mythruna.com/distros/Mythruna-20120217-Windows.zip
http://mythruna.com/distros/Mythruna-20120217-Linux.zip
http://mythruna.com/distros/Mythruna-20120217-MacOSX.zip

These aren't official releases.  If it works past your issue then I'll post some official ones.
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2012, 03:12:19 AM »

Thanks. I've tried it and after splash screen just created 1 kb error log.

Code:
Uncaught exception from thread:Thread[main,5,main]
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at mythruna.client.MainStart.main(MainStart.java:81)
Caused by: org.progeeks.util.InspectionException: Set method not found for property:invertMouse on class:mythruna.client.ClientOptions
at org.progeeks.util.Inspector.set(Inspector.java:893)
at mythruna.client.ClientOptions.setOption(ClientOptions.java:175)
at mythruna.client.ClientOptions$BooleanPref.loadValue(ClientOptions.java:391)
at mythruna.client.ClientOptions.loadPrefs(ClientOptions.java:124)
at mythruna.client.ClientOptions.<init>(ClientOptions.java:78)
at mythruna.client.ClientOptions.<clinit>(ClientOptions.java:24)
... 1 more
Application was not initialized.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2012, 08:57:18 AM »

Wow, I have no idea.  The error is completely wrong about that.

I wonder if there is something funky about the security settings on your install of Java.  A lot of Mythruna code uses reflection and will fail if it is somehow disallowed.  Though I would have expected a completely different error in that case.

For whatever reason, Mythruna is looking for a function called setInvertMouse() and not finding it... even though it's definitely there.

Is your Java a regular install or have you done something to it?

I guess the nice thing is that with such a simple error, it's trivial for me to put together a small test case.
atahanbozkurt

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2012, 09:55:06 AM »

It's a regular install. Also i have Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. First i installed it i was have Java 6 Update 19 32 bit. But now Java 7 Update 6 64 bit. So nothing changes. Everything is regular. I think it's an important problem for you. If you're doing a game, it needs to be works on every computer. I saw similar posts on forum. I can help you at all about testing. No problem. Also i'm a game/level/environment design student (UDK,CryEngine,Source Engine etc.). Meanwhile i've created some basic 2D games for the company i'm working with kinect. Nothing related java but i can help at testing/development phase of a game.

Whatever, i hope you can fix that issue.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »

Yeah, I want to run on as many systems as possible but it's possible to tweak the security settings on a Java installation to make that impossible no matter what I do.

The part that's failing for you is such a simple fundamental Java thing that it's baffling.  I will try to put together a simple test case later to see if I can determine what's going wrong.

You are the first I've seen to have had this problem.  At least of those willing to report the problems.  So thanks for that. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2012, 12:03:20 PM »

I've made some tests...

http://mythruna.com/test/ReflectionTest-MacOSX.zip
http://mythruna.com/test/ReflectionTest-Windows.zip
http://mythruna.com/test/ReflectionTest-Linux.zip

Sorry for the size but I wanted to test with the real ClientOptions class and it was easiest just to make an alternate client build without any assets.

There are no graphics, no windows, or anything.  Run it and it will make a client.log

paste or attach that client.log here.

Thanks.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: