Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 10:20:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: mythruna is what minecraft should have been.  (Read 23601 times)
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2012, 09:48:44 AM »

Notch has promised so much good stuff in minecraft. He didn't delivered.

I'm soo impatient to see what mythruna will be like!

Also stuff i would like to see:

Wires or redstones
why not making triangle bloks to make the world softer? ** see picture
more then 4 ores. i.m getting bored of iron gold and diamond ... + gold is totally useless...

A bit harder:
Space travel? Public server would be a planet on their own, so you can travel from a server to an other... (this would be trully epic)
or just a mmo server Smiley

EDIT: Spreading the word! My friends already know about this game Smiley we're all going to insta buy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:15:57 AM by SheepKing » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 11:03:19 AM »

Thanks for the kind words. Smiley

There already are triangle blocks.  The world just doesn't generate with them... partly because it's trickier and partly because there are no corners.  Plus, it's hard to make sloped grass blocks.  But players can place triangle blocks.

re: wires, Mythruna will have magic circuits... which will be much better.  I don't remember if I've posted publicly about the magic system or not.

There will be server portaling (not flying in space) but it will up to those server admins to set it up.  They have to trust that the characters stats and items will be compatible, etc..

MMO servers require millions of dollars to setup.  That's not really an option for an independent developer.  The server architecture has borrowed many design elements from MMOs but it's also taken some performance short cuts.  I think physics the way I want to do it will be impossible on an MMO, ie: more than 100 players or so.

re: insta buy.... there is a donate button. Smiley  It's like buying it early at a discount if you donate $10.  http://mythruna.com/?page_id=146
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »

Oh cool, probably gonna buy!

edit: i just hope you don't ends up like notch and wont deliver half the stuff you promised ...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 01:31:59 PM by SheepKing » Logged
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2012, 01:44:22 PM »

Hehe paul seems to be able to deliver alot Smiley he even delivered flying boats, even if it is a bug xD hehehehe hope to see you on the server when my lsptops fixed

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 01:49:56 PM »

There you go, enjoy your 10$!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »

edit: i just hope you don't ends up like notch and wont deliver half the stuff you promised ...

I try really hard not to promise specific stuff unless I believe that I can deliver.

That being said, I'm trying to make a game that I want to play.  I think the fact that I play and love my own game will make a big difference in the long run.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:25:16 AM »

Still, I play minecraft alot more than this during the day  Tongue .

But that's because i'm waiting to get a new laptop so I can play and thoroughly enjoy mythruna. I might buy this game later when I have the chance since I actually have some money now (23 dollars to be exact). Lol

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:30:25 AM »

I have my own minecraft dedicated server, i'm just waiting for a new game to come out (mythruna) to make a new server.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:59 AM »

I have my own minecraft dedicated server, i'm just waiting for a new game to come out (mythruna) to make a new server.

Heh, I wish I had real minecraft (Cracked minecraft, don't be suprised by how sneaky I am with this because i'm not lol, One less sale to them though. Don't worry Paul I won't pirate you  Roll Eyes since I gots the moneys)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:41:58 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
SheepKing
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:14:36 PM »

Heh, I wish I had real minecraft (Cracked minecraft, don't be suprised by how sneaky I am with this because i'm not lol, One less sale to them though. Don't worry Paul I won't pirate you  Roll Eyes since I gots the moneys)

you should not crack games, especially for indie games just like mythruna.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 04:39:30 PM »

Well I highly doubt any of us eat as well as notch...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:43:00 PM by SleeperCell #42 » Logged
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:02:48 PM »

Well I highly doubt any of us eat as well as notch...

LOLed

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 09:05:26 PM »

Just because someone has more money than you doesn't make stealing their property okay. If you have something against supporting someone, just don't use their service or whatever.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:33:02 AM »

No... I just don't notch has the right to be called an indie dev now... he has a whole team of devs, HQ, and more money then any of us will see in our life time Sad
PS
(I'm not hating on notch)
PSS
Minecraft is poorly coded Cheesy that should get some of your bloods boiling Cheesy
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:38:27 AM »

Please don't use this thread as Pro/Contra piracy thread.

@topic

Minecraft lacks a lot of awesome stuff Myhtuna has. When I play MC I hate not being able to place pillars, miniblock creations and whatnot. Thats a serious pain in the a** and thats why Myhtruna will beat MC when its done. Paul can do what he wants without tons of 8-12 years old whiners. Our small but fine community here is much more grown up than the kiddycommunity mojang has to deal with.
So its a much better atmosphere and that will create a game we will all be proud of as we supported it from the beginning.

... my 2 cents
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: