Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:29:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: My Genetics lab/Cavern (Underground)  (Read 37799 times)
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2012, 06:17:15 PM »

What I am about to say should come only as one of the highest comments a gamer can give:

You sound like Notch lol

But seriously I mean that as a compliment. I've followed him oh a long time and he works off inspiration too. Its a good thing. The best of ideas come to life when one works off inspiration. And yes I agree that time lines are easily underestimated. Almost all of Mojangs dates were rediculously under-judged.

Well if you are talking alpha sometime this year than I am even all-the-more confident that your creation will reach a state that will grab serious attention (and money which is the goal). I'm just trying to get a feel for how developement is coming along. I'm new here so I haven't been through any updates yet. Thanks for answering questions - the community will never forget that.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:09 PM »

btw who makes the music? I must say the night time crickets and sound effects are great.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2012, 06:52:45 PM »

What I am about to say should come only as one of the highest comments a gamer can give:

You sound like Notch lol

But seriously I mean that as a compliment. I've followed him oh a long time and he works off inspiration too. Its a good thing. The best of ideas come to life when one works off inspiration. And yes I agree that time lines are easily underestimated. Almost all of Mojangs dates were rediculously under-judged.

Well if you are talking alpha sometime this year than I am even all-the-more confident that your creation will reach a state that will grab serious attention (and money which is the goal). I'm just trying to get a feel for how developement is coming along. I'm new here so I haven't been through any updates yet. Thanks for answering questions - the community will never forget that.

Yeah, alpha sometime this year I hope.

And don't get me wrong, I stay productive even when I'm not inspired... otherwise I wouldn't have much of a career :-/.  But when I have the chance to work at 2x speed on something, I tend to jump on it. Smiley

That's half the point of the to-do list on the whiteboard.  A constant grab-bag of things to work on when I'm feeling less than 100% inspired.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2012, 07:05:05 PM »

btw who makes the music? I must say the night time crickets and sound effects are great.

So far I've been making the music that has appeared in the videos... which are like early forms of some of the music that will be in game.  I also have a composer who has offered and the guy who runs GameToker has a bunch he wants to send my way.  Music-wise, I want to establish some specific themes first before incorporating other peoples' music.

re: sound effects, I purchased the sound effects from a site and then remastered them to fit my needs... and then spent lots of time tweaking the ambient settings to get them just right. Smiley
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 07:07:42 PM »

cool. music/sound effects (imho) are of grave importance to a game like this. I mean it is part of what makes you feel submersed.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 08:30:55 PM »

cool. music/sound effects (imho) are of grave importance to a game like this. I mean it is part of what makes you feel submersed.

I totally agree.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »

:p steric you post and talk so much on the forums ahhahahaha i cant keep up i dont know which coment to reply to XD but yea when even  im playing skyrim and the musics playing and it sudenly changes and you know theres a dragon lurking about which can make you scared and adds to the suspence. so yea what im saying i think is that the music and effects are important to captivate your audience :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 11:28:52 PM »

Alright, time to hop on board the train of "back on topic" since I haven't updated my lab in a month or two, I shall make up for it and add a special... I'll keep it a secret until It's done Wink

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2012, 11:08:49 AM »

VIDEO HAS BEEN ADDED! It's at the very bottom of the front page post. Take a look! (Music that fits with it too) Compressed the file to 32 mb's from 800. Less quality, but great compression. I used Windows Movie Maker for Windows XP.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2012, 12:09:50 PM »

I like the video.  Your lab is really nice... really gets the imagination going on how these things could be applied in a sci-fi setting.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2012, 12:30:17 PM »

Moonkey, don't know if you follow Mythruna on Facebook or Twitter, but I just posted your video link there. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2012, 12:37:50 PM »

Moonkey, don't know if you follow Mythruna on Facebook or Twitter, but I just posted your video link there. Smiley

Thanks! No I don't, but I look there every 1 or 2 days  Grin

Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2012, 04:34:06 AM »

Maybe u can add that only the player that put that block can destroy it but there is a problem grifiers can still cover roads whit there blocks so ur gonna have to add road properity or smth
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2012, 08:27:46 AM »

Maybe u can add that only the player that put that block can destroy it but there is a problem grifiers can still cover roads whit there blocks so ur gonna have to add road properity or smth

That would be an impossible amount of data to keep track of and as you've said, doesn't really solve the problem.
Deathwingoo

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2012, 08:59:15 AM »

The only thing u can do is to put that others cant destroy blocks that other players made but grifiers can still put there blocks on to the other players blocks which maybe if u can put that players can put 3 blocks in heigh where the other players did
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: