Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:06:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Shirt Shop  (Read 19706 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2012, 11:23:45 AM »

Ok, I finally like the designs enough that I will officially post the link to the t-shirt shop:
http://mythruna.spreadshirt.com/

Through several iterations, I've finally gotten then brightness and coloring to the point where I don't hate them. Smiley

See the last two images in this album for the latest:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.339209779434880.75951.204533646235828&type=1

Note: That site also let's me make the logo images available (on commission) for others to incorporate into their own custom t-shirts.  So if you want the full image+text on some other kind of shirt than what I have in my store, then it's easy to make that happen.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »

I went ahead and uploaded the latest images to imgur:

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 11:31:31 AM »

Basically the same shots with the flash:

BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 12:32:26 PM »

Is that the back or the front / is there something on the other side?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »

Is that the back or the front / is there something on the other side?

That's the back on that shirt.  The front has the small dragon logo.

It's the kid's short sleeve t-shirt on the site.  To see the fronts and the backs of the shirts, you have to pull up the details I think.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2012, 09:53:27 AM »

I was wondering, do your kids wear these t-shirts sometimes? Haha  Grin

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2012, 10:55:59 AM »

I was wondering, do your kids wear these t-shirts sometimes? Haha  Grin

Yeah.  A strange coincidence is that my son was wearing his shirt yesterday and that's the day my daughter's shirt came in the mail.

For a while she was actually a little disappointed that she didn't have a shirt also.  But I was trying to buy them to test the different designs so I was getting them one at a time and hers was the last one.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 06:46:03 PM »

I own about six Minecraft T-shirts. I only bought them because I love the game and wanted to show support. In all honesty I always felt they chose some designs that were less-than creative. And its only my opinion but I'm not overly excited about the designs presented here. Please don't take this the wrong way as I (on the spot) couldn't do any better.

I propose that the Mythruna community should have a T-shirt design contest. Anybody can upload an image (hand drawn/digital/anything) and we can all vote.

Paul if you agree with the community you could consider putting one (or more) into production. That would really be a win-win situation for you and for us.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »

Gee, I thought the "Mythruna World" back was pretty snazzy but I'm probably biased because it took me so many shirts to get it right.

Which is really the rub in the end... a design that looks good in Photoshop will invariably look really bad on the shirt without a few tries to get the colors tweaked right.  If people submitted designs for voting, I might be able to "correct" the final one but it would be guess-work and I can't afford to buy anymore test shirts at this point.

On that note, designs are easier for me to deal with if they were created in Photoshop and still have separate layers that I can tweak individually.  Alternately, I could post what my originals looked like versus my over-colorized tweaked versions and then let you guys guess and I could just upload the raw files without tweaking.

I don't mind a contest but I can't really afford to offer a prize other than "your design on a shirt that you'd still have to pay for".  Life has thrown me a few curves lately and I'm not feeling as financially flush as I once did.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Oh I totally didn't expect any prizes to be awarded aside from "your design will be sold". And don't get me wrong I don't dislike the shirt you created. I guess I'm just critical.

Either way gaming T-shirts rock!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »

Heheh, I half wanted to put custom text on the ones I bought for my kids that said, "My dad is writing a game and made me wear this t-shirt."  Smiley

But they actually like them.  Even my wife has worn hers a couple times.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »

Paul, sure, you bought them all and did almost all of the work, but I came up with the whole idea of shirts, and some of the design, so it's my job to feel dejected. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 11:43:19 PM »

Heheh.
Trecool
Donators

I love drums, I love Guitar, I love Mythruna

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 02:52:44 AM »

Hmm I love it Smiley

Pages: [1]