Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 06:22:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefly  (Read 7087 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2012, 06:37:34 PM »

On New Years, I watched the movie 'Serenity' with some friends. A pretty epic movie to be sure.
The whole point of this is I wanted to spread the news about it, or talk about it with others. I would recommend watching the TV series 'Firefly', which was made before the movie. The show was cancelled after 14 episodes (I don't know why), and the movie ties up a lot of the lose ends.
Anyhow, you can watch them on Netflix, or maybe they'd be in libraries, but on Youtube, if you search for 'Firefly - the series (episode 1) - serenity', that should get you to episode one. Or I could put up links.

Enjoy!

(Note: I would rate at PG-13, for violence, sexuality, and fantasy cussing (they say 'future' cuss words, mostly))
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 06:56:02 PM »

Yes, what happened to the show Firefly is a tragedy of stupid proportions.  I'm glad they got to make the movie as it was excellent.

I have both the series and the movie on DVD and Blu-ray.  Getting to be time to watch them all again, I think. Smiley

Farscape is another good one that died before its time only to have fan support finally bring a movie about... though at least Farscape had a really good run before the Sci-fi channel canceled it.
randomprofile
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 08:21:02 AM »

On another note, a movie is being made from a book called "The HungerGames". Which has a pretty damn good story...
diegokilla

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »

My wife just finished the Hunger Games series, and as for Firefly... one word... KAYLEE :O
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:14:11 PM »

What about her? That wasn't very specific.
diegokilla

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »

Awesome character. (Then again they were all truly great, it's just that I got a soft spot in my heart for that character Tongue )
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »

We named our dog Kaylee and I still frequently call her Kaylee Frye because that's totally where her name comes from. Smiley  It was funnier when she was just a little puppy, though.
diegokilla

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 03:13:16 AM »

Our first cat was named Mal. People thought it was from the latin meaning, and ususally we just let them believe what they want Tongue
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 07:48:03 AM »

There are a few of my friends who when I told them the name of my dog (not why, just the name) they immediately started into a conversation on some aspect of the show... instantly understanding the reference and not even considering that Kaylee could have been for a different reason.

Come to think of it... those should be my very best friends.  heheh
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: