Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 11:36:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions that may not have answers  (Read 4591 times)
steric
Donators

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2012, 06:32:48 PM »

1. From what I can tell Mythruna has hi-res textures. I get just fine FPS but just for giggles can I use low-res? I wanna see how that affects performance.

2. Is there a 3rd person view? I don't want to use it I'm also just curious.

3. Are there caves? I thought so but cannot find any.

4. For some reason I cannot place blocks under water. Idk.

Thanks famo
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 06:47:49 PM »

1. From what I can tell Mythruna has hi-res textures. I get just fine FPS but just for giggles can I use low-res? I wanna see how that affects performance.

I've tried it and at least for me it makes no difference at all even on my crappiest machine.  However, a texture atlas makes a _huge_ difference.

2. Is there a 3rd person view? I don't want to use it I'm also just curious.

Not yet but there will be.

3. Are there caves? I thought so but cannot find any.

Yeah, in single player you can find a few not too far from spawn with world seed 0.  If you get curious enough to investigate starting a world with a different seed (right now you have to pretend like you will start a network game in the same directory then close it and run a single player game instead)... I can say that world seed 100 has caves right under spawn.

In the standard single player, there are some sea caves south of spawn on the back side of the spawn continent.  There is a small dry cave near there and on the way you will probably cross a gorge.

Also, if you head north west there are a few cool ones.  Since it's random, it kind of varies.  Right now you can cheat and dig a deep hole then place a block over your head... then you can see through walls and sometimes spot a cave.

4. For some reason I cannot place blocks under water. Idk.
Thanks famo

There is no flowing water (yet) so you have to erase a water block to place a regular block.  I'm tired of griefed water, though so I'll be changing this soon even before flowing water.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 06:49:36 PM »

Nice, thanks for the quick reply. I've started playing (more critically) so I will probably have some questions - although I will do searches to try to find the answers first lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: