Mythruna
April 29, 2024, 06:37:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: An odd error with the startup menu...  (Read 15022 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2012, 01:29:38 AM »

To the original poster...

The release I put up adds some additional error checking in the main menu.  I don't suspect it will work any better than it did but I'm 99% certain that we'll get an error log this time.
jdlsmith

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2012, 03:02:17 PM »

Ok, I've got it working on one laptop (newer one).  What I had been doing was dropping it into a "Program Files\Mythruna" folder.  When I leave the folder on the desktop, it works just fine, but trying to run it from Program Files, it doesn't work for Single Player mode.

I haven't tested this from 15 dif directions yet.. just got it working so the kids could enjoy building.

On a side note, I'm impressed with how easily the server gets up and running...  it worked without any issues or adjustments.  Nicely done!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »

Ok, I've got it working on one laptop (newer one).  What I had been doing was dropping it into a "Program Files\Mythruna" folder.  When I leave the folder on the desktop, it works just fine, but trying to run it from Program Files, it doesn't work for Single Player mode.

I haven't tested this from 15 dif directions yet.. just got it working so the kids could enjoy building.

On a side note, I'm impressed with how easily the server gets up and running...  it worked without any issues or adjustments.  Nicely done!

Nice that the server worked well for you. Smiley

On the program files issue, that is weird.  Perhaps it's a permission issue or something.  If it got to the Mythruna menu for selecting a game then it was at least able to extract the DLLs but then maybe couldn't create the mythruna.db folder.  If it didn't even get that far then it couldn't even create those files.

Glad you were able to find a way to get it working and now there is one more thing I can check when other people have problems.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »

See my post here:
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=381.msg3213#msg3213
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: