Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 11:17:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Curious about the price  (Read 7443 times)
creamlapine

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »

Is the cost of the game going to be a monthly fee or a one time fee like it is with Minecraft?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 01:13:34 PM »

One-time purchase. currently, a $5 donation will get you $10 off the final game, and $10 gets the game. For higher donation levels, click here
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 01:28:23 PM »

One-time purchase. currently, a $5 donation will get you $10 off the final game, and $10 gets the game. For higher donation levels, click here

Yes, Ben has it right.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:29:31 PM »

Also, because some people get confused by this, donations are cumulative.

So if a person donates $5 today and then another $5 in a week, the site tracks their donation level and knows they are at $10.

I tried to make it as easy and flexible as possible.
creamlapine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:27:59 PM »

Ok thanks. Actually wait, if a $5 donation gets you $10 off the final game, the FAQ says the final game would be around $15 so $10 off that would be only $5 anyway so a $5 donation would cover the cost of it. If it's a $5 donation and then another $5 to get the game then based on the cost mentioned in the FAQ it would basically only be a $5 discount because you would be paying $10 for the game in total, which would make it the same price as the Level 2 donator reward.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:36:51 PM by creamlapine » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »

Ok thanks. Actually wait, if a $5 donation gets you $10 off the final game, the FAQ says the final game would be around $15 so $10 off that would be only $5 anyway so a $5 donation would cover the cost of it. If it's a $5 donation and then another $5 to get the game then based on the cost mentioned in the FAQ it would basically only be a $5 discount because you would be paying $10 for the game in total, which would make it the same price as the Level 2 donator reward.

Donate $5 now and get the game for another $5 when it goes alpha and everyone must pay.  Total final payment $10.
Donate $10 now and get the game for $0 when it goes alpha and everyone must pay... basically you prebought.  Total final payment $10.
Donate >$10 and get other benefits as spelled out on the benefits page.

The level 1 option is for people who don't believe enough in the game to prebuy it even at the $10 level but otherwise would like to have an actual game account and get access to the donators section of the forum.  Rather than penalize them later, I give them a discount equivalent of the $10 donator gets... they just have to pay the difference.  The game account will let them (eventually) have a central login that should work across servers and will provide access to the (eventual) player mod store.

Another point of clarification, there may be some reason I end up charging more than $15 for the real game.  The $10 donator gets locked in at the current price and definitely already has a license when I go alpha.  The $5 donator only gets a $10 discount on whatever price the single player game goes for.
creamlapine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 04:07:52 PM »

Hmm not bad, though the person paying the $10 up front is also running the risk of something happening and the game never actually being released and them stuck paying $10 for nothing. But then again cant be worse than paying $80 for Mass Effect 3 and then getting a crappy ending that no one liked. Lol
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »

Hmm not bad, though the person paying the $10 up front is also running the risk of something happening and the game never actually being released and them stuck paying $10 for nothing. But then again cant be worse than paying $80 for Mass Effect 3 and then getting a crappy ending that no one liked. Lol

Yeah, that's one of the reasons the price is lower... and why it's not called a "pre-order". Smiley

The donation page tries to make that clear:  http://mythruna.com/shop/

Quote:
Donation Caveats:

If you donate any dollar amount it is because you believe in the game as it exists today or believe in where I hope to take it and want to help it get there. There is no contractually promised delivery of a final Mythruna release or products derived from that release. Simsilica, LLC, will not be held liable for unforeseen events that might delay or derail the delivery of the final game or any other intended product or feature. In other words, this is not a pre-order in the usual sense.

I believe in this game and intend to do everything in my power to see that it achieves my vision and makes it to a releasable product. However, life may have a bus out there with my name on it and I’d hate to think my widow was left dealing with an angry mob. Wink
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »

Iv payed because im confident that paul will make this game greater than it alredy is :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 05:57:08 PM »

Iv payed because im confident that paul will make this game greater than it alredy is :]

And as many hours as you have played, you've definitely gotten your money's worth I think. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: