Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 03:41:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric car using its own momentum to generate electricity.  (Read 104651 times)
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »

It charges the battery using its own momentum, in other words it keeps its charge going on longer, the energy put into the engine would be from the battery, the transmission then generates power from power, creating the same amount of power but in a smaller charge that circulates back into the battery otherwise giving it a small charge back so that it lasts longer than a usual car.

Edit: It's some-what like how a power-plant works. A local power-plant generates power for the new power-plant to generate power. But think of that without the fuel, and the local power-plant just keeps placing energy on the power-plant without fuel, but the movement of the power-plant creates energy and re-fuels itself but not forever.

This idea could potentially be more efficient than the current model, I'll give you that.

To put things in perspective:
To keep a 500kg car moving on a road (friction coeff. = 0.20) at 54 KPH, there needs to be a power output of 15,000 Watts. This means 15,000 Joules of energy have to leave the car every second. Friction is the reason this idea wouldn't work forever. You have to constantly be fighting it, and thus constantly losing lots of energy. If you hooked up a generator that could flawlessly gather 15,000 Watts, your motor would have to start putting out 30,000 Watts, and nothing would change.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 12:57:17 PM »

It charges the battery using its own momentum, in other words it keeps its charge going on longer, the energy put into the engine would be from the battery, the transmission then generates power from power, creating the same amount of power but in a smaller charge that circulates back into the battery otherwise giving it a small charge back so that it lasts longer than a usual car.

Edit: It's some-what like how a power-plant works. A local power-plant generates power for the new power-plant to generate power. But think of that without the fuel, and the local power-plant just keeps placing energy on the power-plant without fuel, but the movement of the power-plant creates energy and re-fuels itself but not forever.

If you charge from momentum then you are creating additional drag and making the motor work harder to move the car... thus draining the battery faster.

This is why using the breaks to recharge the battery is efficient because that is otherwise wasted energy.  You can also do it when coasting downhill if the speed of the car would exceed the desired speed... but that's really no different than selective breaking... which most cruise control systems will do for you.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:03 PM »

This idea could potentially be more efficient than the current model, I'll give you that.

To put things in perspective:
To keep a 500kg car moving on a road (friction coeff. = 0.20) at 54 KPH, there needs to be a power output of 15,000 Watts. This means 15,000 Joules of energy have to leave the car every second. Friction is the reason this idea wouldn't work forever. You have to constantly be fighting it, and thus constantly losing lots of energy. If you hooked up a generator that could flawlessly gather 15,000 Watts, your motor would have to start putting out 30,000 Watts, and nothing would change.

And "nothing would change" is only true for a 100% efficient system.  The truth is that the motor and the generator are both not anywhere near 100% and will lose energy as heat, etc.... so it would actually be worse.  You'd have to produce more than 30,000 watts to keep the car moving.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 04:35:24 PM »

a generator that could flawlessly gather

Emphasis on 'flawlessly'.
Danutron

no comment

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:05 PM »

frustrating reading i think ill stick to my bike, no need for fuel, only my stinking feets

getting easily lost inside my creations
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2012, 11:01:38 AM »

Ok. My dad has known for awhile now how to make a pure electric car generate its own electricity through its transmission, and the rolling of its tires. So think of electricity in gallons: 100's of miles per gallon. He's not motivated enough to do it though, he thinks he can't do it right. I still have faith (He runs a small shop in our yard and has worked on cars for a big amount of his life. He has no employees and is a 1 man worker. Very honest man in his work.) So what do you think guys? The future is becoming brighter for the cars, If my dad is up for the task.

Edit: I'm not trolling around, I'm not kidding. I'm being serious.

Unless you can make it 100% energy efficient (which is impossible) it wont work. Also What you described is a Hybrid. Smiley

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Bisonsteve

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2012, 03:30:14 PM »

I had the same idea for a science project in school, but my teacher said it was already thought of and made. I guess NOT...

"This here is my secret spot where I come to work out the kinks of my sword arm...if you know what I mean." (Zelda - GOLDEN RUPEE - Part 40-Tobuscus)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 09:09:59 AM »

I had the same idea for a science project in school, but my teacher said it was already thought of and made. I guess NOT...

Your teacher sounds like a jerk.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 10:07:14 PM »

Lol, this post is newer than Paul's post about "Facebook,twitter,etc..." and my post already has more views Smiley.

Caladin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2012, 06:59:35 AM »

Your teacher sounds like a jerk.

I'ld say he shouldn't be teaching science; even say a bio teacher should know the law of conservation of energy :/
EllisPope

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2013, 04:19:12 AM »

Ok. My dad has known for awhile now how to make a pure electric car generate its own electricity through its transmission, and the rolling of its tires. So think of electricity in gallons: 100's of miles per gallon. He's not motivated enough to do it though, he thinks he can't do it right. I still have faith (He runs a small shop in our yard and has worked on led lights for a big amount of his life. He has no employees and is a 1 man worker. Very honest man in his work.) So what do you think guys? The future is becoming brighter for the cars, If my dad is up for the task.

Edit: I'm not trolling around, I'm not kidding. I'm being serious.

Sounds very exciting... You have not shared any pics of the electric car.. Hope you have some more updates with latest pics..
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:59:55 AM by EllisPope » Logged
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 01:11:34 PM »

Ouch, old post revival. The idea was scrapped mainly because it was an idea and you can't generate free energy. So no pics.

RalphKowalczyk

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2014, 07:36:10 AM »

Lol... you can use a peimar solar on a basic bulb light in your house...
I think it is possible but very hard to implement and expensive too..
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:19:43 AM by RalphKowalczyk » Logged
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2014, 07:32:06 PM »

I never should've started this thread. Too embarrassed to go back to page 1 to read it all.

Edit: MY GOODNESS THE VIEWS.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:55 PM »

I never should've started this thread. Too embarrassed to go back to page 1 to read it all.

Edit: MY GOODNESS THE VIEWS.

Heheh... it is funny that this is like the most active thread right now.  Wink
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: