Mythruna
March 19, 2024, 04:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A dark weekend  (Read 16738 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 08:10:31 AM »

In my thoughts, If I figured out how to script for this game I would help for free really, If It's for the future of this game I would help dearly  Grin .

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »

From my experience with Minecraft the community can be a powerful tool IF used correctly. I wouldn't use community members for developement; for developement I would do private hiring and really screen people to find the correct chemistry. "The right tool for the job" kind of attitude - if you simply need to tighten up screws and make the game run at higher FPS then you don't need someone with vision, you need someone with hardcore coding skills.

The community seems best used for quality control, bug control, input (Mojang was blessed with and endless stream of free creativity - see many of the late additions - they were originally mods), and direction.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2012, 09:35:34 AM »

I'm not relying on the community for development of the core game.  I'm hoping that a modding community provides a second layer of fun while the game is still in development... and continues to provide the things that players want that the core game doesn't have.  If someone wants to do a Lord of the Rings mod then great... or if they want to add light sabers and laser beams, neat.

I come from the Neverwinter Nights community where I spent lots of time creating mods and trading ideas with other scripters and content creators.  I seek to capture a little bit of that style of community... it was tons of fun and produced a lot of cool content.
steric
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

Yeah I agree. I never felt it was a great idea for any developer to start bringing in the community to develope.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 02:23:47 PM »

Neverwinter nights: The best RPG of its time! That game was awesome, I loved it!

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

Neverwinter nights: The best RPG of its time! That game was awesome, I loved it!

I just got my Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition in the mail before I left on this second trip.  I'd lost my disks in a fire 3 years ago and was sad not to have it.  I probably won't play it but it's nice knowing that I can. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: