Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 01:14:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How did you get lured into this devilish game?  (Read 4406 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« on: April 15, 2012, 10:27:33 PM »

While being a bit bored of playing minecraft, I found this game while looking up minecraft clones. Once I saw a picture or two I thought: "No. Way. Where is the download!". Smiley . I played around a-bit. And instantly fell in love with the concept. Once I met paul I thought: "Best level-headed 1 man programmer I've ever met." And once I found myself shackled onto the beauty of its mind and body I couldn't break free. How did YOU get drawn to this dangerously alluring game?

P.S. Paul is the best. Grin

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
LilSimba

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 11:22:11 PM »

I ran across the game while searching through new steam games to try out and a few side searches in programming my own game. Not entirely positive on what exactly got me to the website. But i do remember opening the main page and going "holy hell..."

Oddly Paul's descriptions on where he wants to take the game are exactly what i've been looking for (hence i was looking at designing my own game).

I hadn't even really paid much attention to any images of Mythruna at that point, but was fairly excited about the prospects; So went ahead and downloaded the client quickly.

Within 5 minutes of logging into single player and just turning my body around, i realized how surreal everything was.

Specifically what Lured me into staying however::

Blockwise :: Thatch roofing, slopes, and that freakin BEAUTIFUL WATER...

Prospect wise :: The combination of an adventure rpg, with potential multi-player incorporated experience. The combination of Artisan Crafting, and hints at storylines, roleplaying, various jobs, ect.

I come from a huge gaming past(Top influences being Secondlife, Morrowind/Oblivion, Fallout (series), Xsyon, and countless others); so it is without a doubt, if Paul can truly bring Mythruna from just some faq's and notes on these boards, and incorporate all those wonderful experiences into the game (beyond what it has so far), I'm lured, hooked, and stuck here for a long time.
Violetta

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »

I noticed that there were a lot of minecraft clones out there, so I decided to look and see what they were all about.  So I searched for games similar to minecraft, and found most of them were straight up clones with even less features.  Then I found Mythruna and I was absolutely blown away.  I think it is already one of the best games I've played and I am excited to see where it goes.
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »

What I loved about Minecraft was the randomly generated world aspect and the ability to build like having and endless amount of Lego blocks, which was one of my favorite toys growing up (and I will admit to still having a small box of Legos now Smiley ). When I grew weary of minecraft (which I do now and then and keep returning) I looked for similar games. I also found that minecraft clones were just that: clones. It was Muthruna's promise of being an RPG style game within a randomly generated world with the ability to build which drew me in.

Then, seeing the block options such as roofs and angles and slopes really appealed to my creative building side. I also like the idea of the game being in its early stages so I can follow along as the game blooms.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: