Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:08:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AI-related video...  (Read 15664 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2012, 12:00:32 AM »

Finally some visible progress on the AI.  Not much, but it's something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXUR-GG3rrw&feature=plcp

The adaptive pathfinding took me longer to get working than I would have liked.  I've written other systems also, they just don't demo well without some of the other parts tied together.

Hopefully there will be some more videos soon... and at some point, I'll probably let donators play with my little AI prototype app in the video.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:48 AM »

Awesome. I was a little confused by what you said when they got stuck. The algorithm knows they're stuck, but just doesn't do anything about it yet? Is that what you mean?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »

Awesome. I was a little confused by what you said when they got stuck. The algorithm knows they're stuck, but just doesn't do anything about it yet? Is that what you mean?

Yeah.  Part of the way it moves the entity knows exactly how far away "where they are supposed to be" is.  So those little guys that were stuck, every time they tried to move they already knew they were many blocks away from where they should have been if they'd followed the ideal path.

A real AI would use this to decide which actions to plan next.  Simply finding another path may not be the right answer.  For example, if they were trying to catch some target but then got stuck and that other target is now in a place they can't get to easily then they might pick a different strategy.

It would have been pretty simple for me to just "repath" them when they got stuck for the demo but I wanted to emphasize that I hadn't added any intelligence to the adaptive path finding.  It's using a fairly simple and extremely dumb approach that just happens to work pretty well.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 02:46:43 PM »

Yeah.  Part of the way it moves the entity knows exactly how far away "where they are supposed to be" is.  So those little guys that were stuck, every time they tried to move they already knew they were many blocks away from where they should have been if they'd followed the ideal path.

A real AI would use this to decide which actions to plan next.  Simply finding another path may not be the right answer.  For example, if they were trying to catch some target but then got stuck and that other target is now in a place they can't get to easily then they might pick a different strategy.

It would have been pretty simple for me to just "repath" them when they got stuck for the demo but I wanted to emphasize that I hadn't added any intelligence to the adaptive path finding.  It's using a fairly simple and extremely dumb approach that just happens to work pretty well.

Mind is blown to chunks. Reminds me of Stalker Call of Chernobyl.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »

UUG Paul! You need to release chickens doing the bug dance into Mythruna! I want my house to be invaded by super smart chickens!!!!
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 02:25:47 PM »

cool stuff smart chickens Tongue
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 04:00:26 PM »

cool stuff smart chickens Tongue
*A Smart Chicken army arrives at your castle gates*
*A guard opens the gates and runs down there to see whats going on... He is killed and within the hour your whole castle is taken over*
*The Chicken Lord, Paul, decides to burn the Castle, and the chickens DESTROY IT WITH TNT AND NUKES AND LAZORS!!!*
*After you respawn*: Holy *Poo*.... RAGE QUIT!
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2012, 06:41:45 AM »

hahaa those must be some really evil chickens Tongue
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 10:50:50 AM »

Um, you didn't even try to save your castle?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: