Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 04:52:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: How much would you be willing to pay?  (Voting closed: May 17, 2012, 06:43:42 AM)
Free, nothing. - 3 (21.4%)
up to £1.00 - 1 (7.1%)
up to £5.00 - 1 (7.1%)
up to £10.00 - 4 (28.6%)
up to £14.95 - 2 (14.3%)
up to £19.95 - 3 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think this game should:  (Read 36903 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 05:12:17 PM »

I think:
Alpha: Free.
Basic Beta: Free. Use it like a demo with loads of bits where it's like "In the full game [THIS] is/will available." to tease people.
Basic Game: £20 (about $32). Keep players informed of full game updates to tempt them to upgrade.
   -Upgrade to Latest incl. free updates: £10 ($16)
Full Game (Incl. free updates): £25 ($40)

I'd be willing to pay more than that, personally, but the more you charge the less people will buy it and you'd probably make more money being cheaper.

EDIT: While I'm on the subject I do hope to donate once I'm done with Christmas and debts. Probably late January, February time.

Note: I didn't create this thread or survey.  It's interesting from an academic perspective but all of this is pretty much already decided at least up to alpha... and was decided before anyone created this survey.  I'm not picking on you in particular but I felt the need to reign this back in a bit.

The only reason I'm not already charging for the game is that it won't stand on its own yet.  Alpha will be a significant milestone.
And that's why you have donations. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

I think:
Alpha: Free.
Basic Beta: Free. Use it like a demo with loads of bits where it's like "In the full game [THIS] is/will available." to tease people.
Basic Game: £20 (about $32). Keep players informed of full game updates to tempt them to upgrade.
   -Upgrade to Latest incl. free updates: £10 ($16)
Full Game (Incl. free updates): £25 ($40)

I'd be willing to pay more than that, personally, but the more you charge the less people will buy it and you'd probably make more money being cheaper.

EDIT: While I'm on the subject I do hope to donate once I'm done with Christmas and debts. Probably late January, February time.

Note: I didn't create this thread or survey.  It's interesting from an academic perspective but all of this is pretty much already decided at least up to alpha... and was decided before anyone created this survey.  I'm not picking on you in particular but I felt the need to reign this back in a bit.

The only reason I'm not already charging for the game is that it won't stand on its own yet.  Alpha will be a significant milestone.
And that's why you have donations. Smiley
and thats why you have a donation rewards system

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 06:51:22 PM »

Probably starting with the next release, donators will already have things available to them that regular players don't.  (Number of physical objects they can make, etc.)

By the time alpha hits, this list of things will be very long and transition to alpha will be pretty smooth.  It's just that the donation system is cut off by then so the perks get locked in at that point.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Probably starting with the next release, donators will already have things available to them that regular players don't.  (Number of physical objects they can make, etc.)

By the time alpha hits, this list of things will be very long and transition to alpha will be pretty smooth.  It's just that the donation system is cut off by then so the perks get locked in at that point.
good thing i donated awhile ago!

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 07:07:16 PM »

Heheh... there will be plenty of warning. Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2012, 07:17:25 PM »

yes, like a LAST CHANCE TO GET ON THE MYTHRUNA BANDWAGON post.

at which time the gaming world will be trampling eachother to give you money like women at a coach purse store on black friday.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2012, 07:20:49 PM »

yes, like a LAST CHANCE TO GET ON THE MYTHRUNA BANDWAGON post.

at which time the gaming world will be trampling eachother to give you money like women at a coach purse store on black friday.

Hehehe... that would be nice.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 12:56:07 PM »

Aww, oh well. I have 23 dollars and could buy Mythruna but I don't have an online account for like paypal or something. I could ask for christmas but I don't know.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 12:58:08 PM »

Aww, oh well. I have 23 dollars and could buy Mythruna but I don't have an online account for like paypal or something. I could ask for christmas but I don't know.

It's still going to be a while.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 01:00:48 PM »

It's still going to be a while.
By buy, I meant at least donate or something. And I hope a "while" is 4 years when I'm 18. Cheesy

JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 03:09:08 PM »

Lol. I wasn't trying to suggest, I realised you weren't author and, having seen the donation benefits page, guessed this was the case.

Panic not, Mighty PSpeed, I was simply giving my 2-cents (hmm, is it weird for a Brit to use the phrase "two cents"?)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 03:11:23 PM by JKybett » Logged

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »

Lol. I wasn't trying to suggest, I realised you weren't author and, having seen the donation benefits page, guessed this was the case.

Panic not, Mighty PSpeed, I was simply giving my 2-cents (hmm, is it weird for a Brit to use the phrase "two cents"?)
Are you a Briton, then? I don't know that we have many Mythrunians from there.
Also, would it be pence?
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 12:50:45 PM »

Yeah I am. :L (I always end up the only Brit on the forum Tongue)
And yes it would, or "tuppence" (not that anyone says "tuppence" any more)

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »

well im from new zealand but next year ill be living in the uk so will i count as a "brit" :p

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 01:26:08 PM »

Will you be becoming a citizen? :L
Jokes.
Where in the UK you coming to?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: