Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 09:13:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirror room  (Read 10344 times)
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2012, 09:04:44 PM »

I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, even back when playing Minecraft, so I did. I made a room with a wall-sized mirror  Wink

Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:05:06 PM »

Same room, from a different angle.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »

Wow, that's cool. Smiley
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »

Of course, anyone that looks in the mirror is a vampire! (no character reflection  Grin )
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 10:03:38 PM »

Of course, anyone that looks in the mirror is a vampire! (no character reflection  Grin )

Yeah, but still... it's cool.

I'm sure the flame variation isn't exact also.  But you put enough objects and detail in that it's quite clearly a mirror.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »

:]]] nice work ghel i think you might be seeing me copying that idea hahaha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 09:59:47 AM »

"Ooh look! A mirror! I want to look in it! Ooh look everthing is ther.... Wait, WHERE AM I?! AND ITS DAY OUTSIDE, AND I'M IN IT, AND... AH!!!! *melts*"

hehe neat Cheesy Is it in the server? I'd like to take a look at it :3 (And luckly its not outside)
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 02:17:53 PM »

hehe neat Cheesy Is it in the server? I'd like to take a look at it :3 (And luckly its not outside)

It is on Paul's multiplayer server in The Town of Cliffside. You will need to go through the mouth of the ominous giant skull, but the opening is currently bricked up at the moment. I will unblock the opening the next time I am on.
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 10:04:01 AM »

haha very cool symetrical room, wouldn't it be cool if there were actual mirror blocks in the game?  Grin that would be very unique but a lot of laggy i guess
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 02:00:28 PM »

haha very cool symetrical room, wouldn't it be cool if there were actual mirror blocks in the game?  Grin that would be very unique but a lot of laggy i guess

Wrong! Mirrors wouldn't cause any definite performance loss, since you can set the resolution for the mirror if there are issues.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 03:20:01 PM »

Wrong! Mirrors wouldn't cause any definite performance loss, since you can set the resolution for the mirror if there are issues.

I proper mirror requires that the scene get rendered again for every mirror plain.  So, yeah, they would cause a lot of slow down.  Reflective water is the same issue.
Ghelmaron
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 08:50:15 PM »

I ran Mythruna and showed my mirror room to a group of friends. At least one was convinced that the mirror in the game was real. He got a real kick when I moved through the mirror to the "other" room. He said that the wooden frame is what really convinced him that the mirror was real.  Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 09:32:16 PM »

I ran Mythruna and showed my mirror room to a group of friends. At least one was convinced that the mirror in the game was real. He got a real kick when I moved through the mirror to the "other" room. He said that the wooden frame is what really convinced him that the mirror was real.  Wink

Yeah, it really "sells it".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: