Mythruna
May 01, 2024, 12:39:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm attempting to create my own game.  (Read 21794 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:23:19 PM »

great graphics, i would like to play it Smiley
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

It's odd people still make these types of games in a language other than Python.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

I wouldn't use python to code an app to flush my toilet dude. Python is for scripting.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 05:14:17 PM »

I wouldn't use python to code an app to flush my toilet dude. Python is for scripting.
Exacty why you would need Python the script the toilet flush.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 06:38:27 PM »

LOL.  You guys are funny.

Entire apps are definitely written in Python.  Just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean that it's a bad idea. Smiley
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 07:26:49 AM »

Well, I wouldn't, and if I did I would use java. I know that python is fine but it takes way too long to develop with so you might as well just use a more common language such as java or C++.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 11:52:35 AM »

Python is waaaaaaay simpler than Java and C++ combined. It's the simplicity that makes simple games like an rpg easier to create.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »

*sits back* I don't really know what Python is. But if I can get it to flush my toilet then maybe... maybe...

nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 05:04:05 PM »

Alright, you have me there. I use java and java only so I kind of diss other languages that people use to plug into my games. And i'm not sure about a toilet flushing script in python... Wink
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2012, 07:00:06 PM »

Well, I'm sure you can program a little something in Python using a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino if that's possible to run a motor whenever indicated. The motor can pull the chain inside and therefore flushing the toilet. Then you could patent/distribute your invention and make millions, go into retirement, move to Belize, kill your neighbor, then get caught by police several days later while trying to hop borders.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 08:29:34 PM by Sean » Logged

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2012, 09:46:35 PM »

Well, I'm sure you can program a little something in Python using a Raspberry Pi, or Arduino if that's possible to run a motor whenever indicated. The motor can pull the chain inside and therefore flushing the toilet. Then you could patent/distribute your invention and make millions, go into retirement, move to Belize, kill your neighbor, then get caught by police several days later while trying to hop borders.
Sounds like a plan.

belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 05:05:05 AM »

Forum group project?

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »

Forum group project?
I'm in. Who wants to be the neighbor?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2012, 03:40:35 PM »

Forum group project?
I'm in. Who wants to be the neighbor?
I'm going to go practice java..
nh_99
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2012, 05:39:56 PM »

Hehe, people are too lazy to flush the toilet so they get a device to do it over bluetooth Grin
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: