Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 02:03:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving to java 7???  (Read 19757 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2012, 05:54:53 PM »

Note: errors are Java 7 specific.
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2012, 06:24:30 AM »

Well i may switch again to java 6 as long as they are still updating it but the difference to the game is not dramatically big Anyway good luck with the errors i hope i helped a bit Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2012, 09:39:34 AM »

Yeah, it's helpful.  It was a bug that I sort of knew about but had forgotten... so it's good for the reminder.

If I have time this weekend I may make a side-track through some maintenance related things and put out a new release with bug fixes, some performance tests, and the new mortared stone material.
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 07:40:37 AM »

Just a little update: The fact that i was running both 32 and 64 bit jvms on an 64bit Windows7 was the reason that the heap sized was being ignored So i deleted the 64bit Jvm and there are no classpath issues now, also the /mem command gives me 5189something as you said. There are still some pauses though here and there but it feels like its better than before. I really dont know whats the difference between 64 vs 32 bit jvms but i need them both cause some native-32-bit dll libraries won't compile on 64 jvm and vice versa  Undecided
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 09:00:30 AM »

Just a little update: The fact that i was running both 32 and 64 bit jvms on an 64bit Windows7 was the reason that the heap sized was being ignored So i deleted the 64bit Jvm and there are no classpath issues now, also the /mem command gives me 5189something as you said. There are still some pauses though here and there but it feels like its better than before. I really dont know whats the difference between 64 vs 32 bit jvms but i need them both cause some native-32-bit dll libraries won't compile on 64 jvm and vice versa  Undecided

On Java7 I'm pretty sure the pauses come from when it manually tries to free buffers but instead produces a ton of error output.  The buffers get freed by themselves eventually but replacing freeing with error output can't be good for performance. Smiley
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 06:34:14 PM »

I would like to add I also have the red memory

Windows 7 x64
Using both 32bit and 64bit java 6

I'm going to upgrade to java 7 64bit today but looking above I don't think the memory would turn white

Also, the lag is very minor when one loads a new leaf
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 06:52:44 PM »

Windows 7 x64

I'm going to upgrade to java 7 64bit today but looking above I don't think the memory would turn white

Try running the /mem command in the chat bar and taking a screen cap.

Usually with Java 6 if there is a red memory indicator then it is a sign that the memory settings have been overridden at the operating system level with an environment variable.
Thanos

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

Windows 7 x64

if you delete the 64bit jre your mythruna memory indicator will be white and fine, alternatively you could use the bat script i made and give it a bigger heap size manually. It really works but only on java6. I switched back to java6 again and running mythruna through the bat file i made and its pretty fine Smiley
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:53:37 PM by Thanos » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 03:12:28 PM »

The slight memory difference isn't the big deal with 7... it's the other bug.

I put the red memory indicator in to catch the people that had global options overriding Mythruna's default memory settings... since in the case the other player was seeing it the memory was half what it was supposed to be.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »

I'm fine with how it is, it just happens to be a less-than-a-second lag updating the world with the new leaf.

No screenshot but first check resulted with a number exactly the same as thanos 477233152.
Opening a couple of thermal monitoring software, the number actually rose to 500something, so better?

It isn't a big deal, just adding to information pool if you ever have the time to fix these minor things.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2012, 07:33:17 AM »

Just to clarify: Minecraft uses 512 mb's of Memory and nothing less since if less you would get "out of Memory" errors in Minecraft.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2012, 12:07:18 PM »

Just to clarify: Minecraft uses 512 mb's of Memory and nothing less since if less you would get "out of Memory" errors in Minecraft.

See this thread:
http://mythruna.com/forum/index.php?topic=688.0

Mythruna also wants 512 meg.  Some Minecraft related utility was setting it to 256 (with 256 minimum also which Mythruna doesn't care about).
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2012, 06:09:18 PM »

See this thread:

Mythruna also wants 512 meg.  Some Minecraft related utility was setting it to 256 (with 256 minimum also which Mythruna doesn't care about).

I've never had this problem with Minecraft and since Minecraft needs lots of memory to run I doubt they would have something set up to limit it. I'm sure it has to be the cards problem. But just to clear my mistakes, what do you mean by "utility".

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »

See this thread:

I've never had this problem with Minecraft and since Minecraft needs lots of memory to run I doubt they would have something set up to limit it. I'm sure it has to be the cards problem. But just to clear my mistakes, what do you mean by "utility".

I don't know, man.  This has nothing to do with graphics cards, either.  Read the other thread and maybe you will see something I didn't.

when he was reporting the problem I went to see if I could find anything on the _JAVA_OPTs thing and I was getting lots of minecraft related hits and hits for some related utility.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: