Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 08:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Objects  (Read 5377 times)
ahmadsal

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »

So I was messing around with object creating and placing and I decided to make a fence (also a ladder but that is more efficient as a block). I came across something very annoying. One can move the block but getting it into the perfectly right place is near impossible. If one tries to fix it via blueprint editor, the block gets centered about center of mass (don't have correct word...). I was wondering if you can implement an invisible block in blueprint editor that changes item's center, yet when the object goes physical, the block itself won't cause invisible physical bumps. I know its a lot but I think it is necessary once you start to focus on object placement. Images always help  Grin

I can line the object perfectly if I place a block in the editor that completes an imaginary square with the fence bars, to center post in middle, but the looks messy on a slope  Cry
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

have you tryed the snap comands/button thingys also... ur memory indicator is red :S i think somethings breaking lol

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 06:00:21 PM »

I don't know... it might just be that some additional snap commands are needed.

I'm still not sure how object placement will end up when things are fully physical.  In build mode it may always kind of be like this but I can't be sure.

There are other issues too because you can't move something "up" in the editor... so you can't even place a brick "underground" that would help center it.

re: your red memory... are you running Java 7 and/or 64 bit Java?
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 07:18:41 PM »

i have 32 and 64 bit installed (64 for waterfox, but others tend to use it)

If it helps, I got the fence to work before but it needed an ugly addition.

here, ("O" is post, "x" is blank, "l" "-" are bars)
Code:
x x x x x
x x x x x
x x O - -
x x l x x
x x l x x
fix,
Code:
O x x x x
x x x x x
x x O - -
x x l x x
x x l x x

do you see the O top left? That virtually creates a 5x5 square instead of a 3x3 square, which centers it correctly. The extra O will not blend in, and especially in my design, it will sit on top of the sloped corner.

Paul, I like your idea about underground blocks. If you can get that to work without hindering blueprint editor ease, I bet it will work great!

Aside- It took me about 10 minutes to get the code correct. I hope you guys have "Lucida Console" font (native in xp notepad)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: