Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:38:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: More Global Resource Dependency stuff...  (Read 27681 times)
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 09:54:39 PM »

hehe, i see it now. So it won't be the building but it will be the properties associated with an object that will define its role. The building itself would probably house a set of objects and the living quarters etc. It is just the need of the worker (blacksmith etc) that will need his tools (furnace etc) and will need his food, bed, etc... which will entirely decide what buildings and objects are needed.

In short, it is that you don't need the physical blacksmith workplace, but instead a tool and the ai's desire to work (for production) which will enable him to use the tools.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:33 PM »

I'm envious for the donators. I like watching what people would do in a town. So, to me, It's a game itself. You need to put a disaster button to set fire to something Smiley and script it into the NPC's to panic/do something to stop it. My brother got a game/engine called space engine. It's a 3D map of the whole universe, that you can explore. High detailed. Heck, It's so detailed it's 3D movie quality. My brother has a few breathtaking screen shots. I was imagining a space game being made out of it. Reminds me of Pioneer. (Space game) Best part is: It's only half a gig. As a 13(14) year old, space over-excites me.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 10:33:22 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 10:32:09 PM »

hehe, i see it now. So it won't be the building but it will be the properties associated with an object that will define its role. The building itself would probably house a set of objects and the living quarters etc. It is just the need of the worker (blacksmith etc) that will need his tools (furnace etc) and will need his food, bed, etc... which will entirely decide what buildings and objects are needed.

In short, it is that you don't need the physical blacksmith workplace, but instead a tool and the ai's desire to work (for production) which will enable him to use the tools.

Yep.  And if you (or he) provide shelter for his workplace then he will be able to work in any weather.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 10:38:58 PM »

I'm envious for the donators. I like watching what people would do in a town. So, to me, It's a game itself. You need to put a disaster button to set fire to something Smiley and script it into the NPC's to panic/do something to stop it. My brother got a game/engine called space engine. It's a 3D map of the whole universe, that you can explore. High detailed. Heck, It's so detailed it's 3D movie quality. My brother has a few breathtaking screen shots. I was imagining a space game being made out of it. Reminds me of Pioneer. (Space game) Best part is: It's only half a gig. As a 13 year old, space over-excites me.

True story (thought I may have already told it): I was laying the groundwork for working on a space game when I got inspired to start Mythruna.  As research for how to make modular ship interiors, I even took someone's hi-res artistic renderings of the interior of the NX-01 (from the series Enterprise) and pieced together a whole deck out of them.  I ended up turning it into a huge poster for my son but here is the reduced version:

Piecing that together and labeling it was an obsession for a week or so.  It was only one or two months later that I started on Mythruna.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 12:05:10 AM »

Made some more progress but I'm tucking this update away in here just for the cool people. Smiley

Below we start to see the town get knowledgeable about the resources it needs to fit its production plan.  I'm still mapping how work/labor works for a citizen (really just how it gets allocated to them) so that comes up as the biggest need in the "planned production" table.

That and food.  I still need to add farms and stuff.  Also, I have some ideas I need to run to ground on "natural resources"... ie: things that produce without requiring input... and storage.  The two are kind of related actually.

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 02:03:19 AM »

Amazing! How much CPU does this program take up? Because I was thinking of having this pop-up in-game for towns as a manager for towns. AI towns un-controlled by you are managed automatically. But when you make a town, I would like to see something like:

[Town list]------
1.Lebesar-[Size:Village]-[Condition:Happy]
2.Obarlin-[Size:Town]-[Condition:Content]
3.Ukarer-[Size:Kingdom]-[Condition:Un-happy(At War)]
---------------
And when you click on a village, a manager pops up exactly like yours only a top down view of the village,etc. Which you can scroll around with.

--[Village of Lebesar]----
————    ¦   ¦    —––——
|House |  |   |   |   Inn   | [Villagers]
|———–|  |   |   |           | |John
              |   |   |———––|  |etc..
Etc--

Basically a City manager. Like Civilization! (←Game)

Smiley Great work so far

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:33:09 AM »

It really is awesome following your creation. You've got me checking the forum 4-5 times a day to check for new posts.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 08:51:44 AM »

It really is awesome following your creation. You've got me checking the forum 4-5 times a day to check for new posts.

Thanks!  That's great to know. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 08:59:05 AM »

Amazing! How much CPU does this program take up? Because I was thinking of having this pop-up in-game for towns as a manager for towns. AI towns un-controlled by you are managed automatically. But when you make a town, I would like to see something like:

[Town list]------
1.Lebesar-[Size:Village]-[Condition:Happy]
2.Obarlin-[Size:Town]-[Condition:Content]
3.Ukarer-[Size:Kingdom]-[Condition:Un-happy(At War)]
---------------
And when you click on a village, a manager pops up exactly like yours only a top down view of the village,etc. Which you can scroll around with.

--[Village of Lebesar]----
————    ¦   ¦    —––——
|House |  |   |   |   Inn   | [Villagers]
|———–|  |   |   |           | |John
              |   |   |———––|  |etc..
Etc--

Basically a City manager. Like Civilization! (←Game)

Smiley Great work so far

This doesn't take any CPU because there is no processing when the user isn't doing anything.

City management in game will be different, though.  The property notebook will have a map but most of your interaction with the city will be through people, I think.  More opportunity for story and random adventure that way.

Telling story to your friends version A:
"And then I clicked on the blacksmith square and clicked that 'make more swords' button."

Or version B:
"I was heading to the blacksmith to talk about production but then I saw that a new merchant came to town selling swords.  He has a good deal from some town to the east so I told the blacksmith to make shields and I'll make sure to setup a trade agreement with that town.  On the way back, we saw some wolves patrolling the outer streets so I'll have to see about checking the forests outside of town..."

Second version seems more interesting to me. Wink

There will be some central management but it will be at the administrative level just like a real town.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 03:12:45 PM »

Ah I see, you want to manage the town with a more direct approach. Instead of magically telling the blacksmith to make swords using a button, you walk up and talk to him. He could be having problems making them, or he couldn't. Also: My new laptop runs Mythruna greatly! But I'm getting Red Memory at 60-70%

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 03:28:29 PM »

Ah I see, you want to manage the town with a more direct approach. Instead of magically telling the blacksmith to make swords using a button, you walk up and talk to him. He could be having problems making them, or he couldn't. Also: My new laptop runs Mythruna greatly! But I'm getting Red Memory at 60-70%

If it's a 64 bit laptop then that might be normal.  Run /mem and if the max memory is anywhere close to 512 meg then you are fine.  If it's close to 256 meg or something then you could have problems.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »

Yea It's 64 bit Smiley.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: