Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 04:50:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving objects idea  (Read 7138 times)
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 01:12:50 AM »

Hey Paul, just found a very nice mod for MC. You can take a look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IT_XbR-0gs

Basically it unlocks Blocks from the world and makes them moveable. This could possibly be some inspiration for you, so I wanted to share it.

Regards!
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:52:55 AM »

Lame. Wink

And now when I get mine done everyone will say I copied these guys. Tongue
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:13:37 AM »

hmm ok, well then delete the topic Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »

Heheh.

Mine will be better because it's actually designed into the game.  Though I do need to get it in soon if I want to not look like a copier.  Fortunately, I already at least have my physics video out and the big objects are no different than the small ones in that case.

In Mythruna's case, it's not just for airships either... that's just a side effect.  This will be how you make draw bridges, boats, etc. too.

My scheme for detaching is going to be a point and click thing.  Select the right physics "tool", point at the object and click.  Other than that, our approaches are similar.  I was also going to prefer objects separated from the world but also attempt to determine how to separate them if the aren't.  I think that's where there's was bugging, though.  I mean in addition to their other issues trying to build this on an engine that wasn't really designed for it.  From that perspective it's pretty cool.

For me, the only difference between a big object and one of the blueprint objects is blueprint.scale = 1 or 0.25.  The physics engine already takes this scaling into account.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 09:08:10 AM »

Yes thats an huge advantage designing a more powerful enginge to implement physics.

The idea making static buildings seperate and moveable is really good, but as you have already a system in mind doing that I'll keep my mouth shut and wait whats next to come Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: