Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 03:05:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Memory  (Read 3735 times)
ahmadsal

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:04:28 PM »

Just to open this back up, have you made progress towards a fix for those stubborn computers that won't allocate the memory (red memory). I'm open to give any info you may need, and I know there are a few others with the same problem that isn't much of a problem.

By the way, would the client memory be the same memory used when setting up a server, so red memory is sufficient for client but not too good for multiplayer, or am I just mistaken.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

Just to open this back up, have you made progress towards a fix for those stubborn computers that won't allocate the memory (red memory). I'm open to give any info you may need, and I know there are a few others with the same problem that isn't much of a problem.

If it's the 64 bit Java problem then I think it's an erroneous issue.  As I recall, when you run /mem in the chat bar the memory is pretty close to what it's supposed to be... just not quite as much.  Like it's 498meg instead of 512meg.  That's probably ok and I just need to update the mem checker.

By the way, would the client memory be the same memory used when setting up a server, so red memory is sufficient for client but not too good for multiplayer, or am I just mistaken.

Totally separate.  Server and client run in separate Java processes with their own memory settings.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: