Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 02:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions.  (Read 4656 times)
Asgaroth

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2012, 03:37:17 AM »

Hello all.

Well, I was playing mythruna today and I have some questions about a few things.
First, Is there any way to save player's position in single-player? Because if I find a nice landscape to build I must walk out there about 10 mins whenever I restart game Sad

The next thing is:
http://screenshooter.net/6895107/rvfrsmg
IMO rotating your head by 360° vertically shouldn't be possible.
And the last one, Why are you moving slower when you look down or up? It's a little bit annoying.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:56:58 AM »

Most of these problems have been pointed out. The single player positioning is not implemented yet. The head rotating 360º is because, I think, Paul hasn't limited eye sight yet. The walking slow while looking up or down somehow has to with camera movement. It acts like it is flying, yet it is stuck in position with your player body. If you were to go in fly mode (like Paul can unfairly use Wink) you would be a free moving body. With gravity, you're restricted. Basicly, It's trying to apply Y force and X force into the direction you are looking at, but It can't put out Y force. So it only applies the X force in the direction you are looking at. So think of your character looking 45º. Now think of it only applying 45ºs of X force, and 0ºs of Y force. Same applies With 12º. And 0º, which is 0º Y, and 0º X. Hopefully Paul would fix it Smiley. (If he did, he would have no fly mode. Unless he implements a different camera velocity for fly mode. Correct me If I'm wrong.)

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 06:22:09 AM »

Hello all.

Well, I was playing mythruna today and I have some questions about a few things.
First, Is there any way to save player's position in single-player? Because if I find a nice landscape to build I must walk out there about 10 mins whenever I restart game Sad

Not yet.  I can't remember if I posted the single player teleport script or not.  It might have been one of the examples.

The next thing is:
http://screenshooter.net/6895107/rvfrsmg
IMO rotating your head by 360° vertically shouldn't be possible.

This is a long standing "bug" that I inherited from the jMonkeyEngine library I use since I just grabbed their default camera handling (which I think is broken but I haven't fixed it there yet either).  The camera code gets completely rewritten at some point so I don't want to waste time fixing this.

And the last one, Why are you moving slower when you look down or up? It's a little bit annoying.

This is on purpose to some extent but it's overly exaggerated.  The idea is that when you are looking down that you are usually trying not to fall off of an edge... and it's somewhat realistic that you would move slower if you aren't watching exactly where you are going.  It's just too quick to start and too much when looking up or straight down.  But again, this all gets rewritten later as part of physics integration.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: