Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 12:57:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: May I Fiddle with Mythruna?  (Read 24161 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 10:03:43 AM »

Really? My older brother has a "Java" book and you don't need to know HTML or CSS to learn it. It's a great book, and it teaches you how to use Java Smiley. I know basic code for Java type stuff. (Didn't learn it from the book Smiley) Like,

setPos(1, 5, Cool;
or
ifEntity1Pos = (1, 6, Cool: setEntity2Pos(2, 6, 9);

Or something like that... Cheesy.
Java and JavaScript are NOT the same thing.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 11:45:39 AM »

You have FBI Agents in your code, Moonkey. Tongue

LOL.

And note: Java != JavaScript != Groovy... even though parts of them look similar.  Knowing one will help you learn the others but that is not a given.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 02:40:38 AM »

Z coordinates are always FBI. Cool

Edit: Unnatural, I never said what I typed was Java or Java script. I was just saying I didn't learn it from that book to make it clear. (Note the "Java type stuff" Smiley)

Edit edit: So Java = Groovy in certain ways?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:46:18 AM by Moonkey » Logged

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

Edit edit: So Java = Groovy in certain ways?

They share some syntax... as does JavaScript.
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 04:03:35 PM »

java and javascript are pretty similar. You usually use java in a program because it is more intensive and javascript in website (thus html/css) to run little codes since html/css cannot run codes.

The thing about java, javascript, and groovy is that they are all object oriented. You aren't telling the computer to do this and that but setting up object-type-things and give them properties and through them you can tell the computer what to do. Obviously this is very basic and I only touched on java but this should gets things in a rough order.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 07:11:27 PM »

Java is strongly typed and JavaScript and Groovy are dynamically typed and so are a little easier on beginners.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »

What should i use for programming at my age Huh Java or Groovy?  Undecided or not those then what?
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »

Since I just finished high school, I can tell you what people have been studying. C++ is the most common beginner code, since it places a strong foundation and isn't very hard to program simple things. You learning html and css is good but understand that these aren't programming codes but instead website codes. Java is also studied early but usually those people say it does not make since so if you want to learn it, be sure to learn the base thoroughly because you need some knowledge before you can make a good basic program.

What you should do at your age is understand the boolean language, since that is universal to binary codes (pretty much all). It would make life a lot easier later on understanding how to make code flow to an end efficiently. I'de say javascript isn't necessary right now unless you want to make website or browser extensions/mods or if you are working on specific website things....
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 02:19:39 AM »

Creating 3D programs take Math. Geometry and the likes. At your age, it would be pretty hard... Maybe studying could help.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »

lol thats what i do  Wink
I cannot live life w/out learning  Sad I feel like a lowlife in the summer cuz i dont have anything good to do.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »

What I do in the summer: Play games. xD. Or become interested in Space and play space games like Space Engine and explore these awesome planets Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: