Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 02:16:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Why progress is slow right now...  (Read 17382 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »

Just decided to give a heads up on why progress is slow these days.

Once a year, I throw a big party at my house for friends and family.  Usually, I use this as an excuse to finally get a bunch of projects done around the house... that party was this past weekend (August 4th).  So last week I was sweating out in the sun getting the yard ready and fixing half a dozen broken things in my house (doors, toilets, whatever... handyman Speed to the rescue).

This week I have a bunch of day job work to catch up on because of time I took off from work and because there are some critical deadlines looming.

...and my family and I are taking a mini-vacation this weekend.

After that I should be back at Mythruna recharged and you can expect some new progress updates then.

Thanks for being patient.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »

your welcome  Wink and enjoy your vacation.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 05:22:34 PM »

Everyone deserves a break after throwing a party. Get back onto Mythruna when you feel like it. We're happy with your progress as it is. Enjoy your time off Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 06:36:50 PM »

By the way, if anyone is at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Saturday and sees a guy walking around with a Mythruna shirt on... say hi. Smiley
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 08:31:11 PM »

By the way, if anyone is at Busch Gardens Williamsburg on Saturday and sees a guy walking around with a Mythruna shirt on... say hi. Smiley

epic  Grin

Anyway, your last name is ironic.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

epic  Grin

Anyway, your last name is ironic.

In what way?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 05:23:37 PM »

And while I still don't know why my last name is ironic, I will at least reply here to say that I'm officially back.

I have some day job work to catch up on but I hope to be back into some amount of Mythruna code as early as tonight.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 07:58:34 PM »

And while I still don't know why my last name is ironic, I will at least reply here to say that I'm officially back.

I have some day job work to catch up on but I hope to be back into some amount of Mythruna code as early as tonight.

In the first week, how much did you get done? how fast can you type?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 08:11:51 PM »

In the first week of development when I first started Mythruna?  I had most of a working engine in the first week.  The first ever release represents only two weeks of work and half that time was lighting and collision detection, easily.  That first release is still up on the archive page for the curious.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 08:34:30 PM »

In the first week of development when I first started Mythruna?  I had most of a working engine in the first week.  The first ever release represents only two weeks of work and half that time was lighting and collision detection, easily.  That first release is still up on the archive page for the curious.

Ok thanks, i want to see how much mythruna has exceeded from the beginning Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

Oh my gosh, I found soooo many bugs in the first minute. I know I don't need to go over them.
I am surprised that you spawned in a huge flat area. After witnessing what i just played, i have to say that i respect you Paul o_o"
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:05:07 PM »

Oh my gosh, I found soooo many bugs in the first minute. I know I don't need to go over them.
I am surprised that you spawned in a huge flat area. After witnessing what i just played, i have to say that i respect you Paul o_o"

I haven't played it in a while... but if I remember correctly the first version didn't save.  The world was limited to a 1024x1024 area (generated from nearly the same fractal that generates the world now) and I chopped out a huge flat area because it made it easier for testing.  Since it didn't save anything I did, having a big flat area to start with every time was useful.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

I am just going to mention the bugs i found.

1)Jumping down from a high place sends you into the ground.
2)Water did not appear.

These bugs don't matter anymore Cheesy
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 09:15:15 AM »

Happy to have you back.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »

Yeah Paul Cheesy Nice to have you back Cheesy!

Note: Also, I didn't realise (z) you had Mythruna (Why does it spell-check the name of the game? lol) shirts until I saw you xD! Might I suggest making the picture bigger, or adding an in-game screenshot of a nice view, maybe a sunset :3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: