Mythruna
April 18, 2024, 07:01:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A day's worth of standing still...  (Read 21717 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 09:12:45 AM »

Maybe in the donators section you could give us "simple minded" people a tutorial on changing seeds Tongue

I think I have mentioned it elsewhere but I couldn't easily find it on a search.  The easiest way is to run the stand alone server just to get the world created with a custom seed (because you can set it in the GUI) and then copy the mythruna.db directory over to a Mythruna client install.  (Make sure to remove or rename any existing mythruna.db directory.)

You can also directly edit the world info file in the mythruna.db directory and then wipe out the node-* directories.  The above is the more straight-forward way, though.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »

A good way to play single player with saved position would be to run the stand-alone server. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

A good way to play single player with saved position would be to run the stand-alone server. Smiley

Yep. 

But to be clear, you don't have to play this way to customize the world seed.  Running the server once (and closing it) is enough to create the world-info file and initialize the world database.  Then as long as you play in the same directory or with that mythruna.db directory in your Mythruna.exe folder then you will get that world.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 11:09:04 PM »

P.S.: For those who know how to hack their world seed... I'm falling in love with seed 101.

And world seed = 50 is one to keep an eye on too.  The spawn point starts on a pretty large continent where most of the land has a high elevation.  It may be just the roads that help but there were several "whoah" moments as I was following the road and suddenly came out cliff side looking way down over sprawling valleys.

A couple pics I snapped but they really don't do it justice:

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:04 PM »

P.S.: For those who know how to hack their world seed... I'm falling in love with seed 101.

And world seed = 50 is one to keep an eye on too.  The spawn point starts on a pretty large continent where most of the land has a high elevation.  It may be just the roads that help but there were several "whoah" moments as I was following the road and suddenly came out cliff side looking way down over sprawling valleys.

Code:
==some images

I am really psyched about those generated bridges, roads, ect. when will the update come for them?
and if they do come in updates, how to we "update" do we replace certain mythruna files? or does it do that for us?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »

Code:
==some images

I am really psyched about those generated bridges, roads, ect. when will the update come for them?
and if they do come in updates, how to we "update" do we replace certain mythruna files? or does it do that for us?

The updates that include this won't be for a while.  It is still kind of in the prototype stage and I'm only just now massaging it into something that can go into the engine properly.

When the update comes, you will get a whole new client download.  Any new worlds you create in single player will automatically have the new stuff.  Any existing worlds will try to adapt but won't regenerate the parts that are already there.  My server will run into this issue, also.  Untouched parts of the world will have new hotness but much of the "near spawntown" world won't.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: