Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 09:47:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Generated tunnels...  (Read 26017 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2012, 04:09:02 PM »

Just a quick pic I took last night or the night before (can't remember) while I was exploring the latest batch of roads.

And another one from an earlier run when tunnels were too common and often very long:

...though that one isn't bad... it used to be one of the shortest tunnels.  Now that is about the longest they go.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »

The second one is also before I added a separate entrance template with the rounded top.
Andy
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 05:29:06 PM »

Wow it's getting more awesome each day!
MISG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 05:47:20 PM »

Very cool looks great!  Keep up the great work
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »

Nice!!
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:18 PM »

looking good paul :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 11:52:32 PM »

Had an hour or so to play so added foot bridges to the road generator. http://i.imgur.com/8GSYi.jpg

Bridges are basically a modification of tunnels... instead of digging under ground, they try to smooth over valleys. 

This happened to be the only good looking bridge in the whole bunch, though... much tweaking left to do to keep the generator from putting them in strange places.   Normally for something like this, it's 2-3 hours to implement feature and then at least as much time to tweak the "rules"... half of which is spent walking around. 

Because of other constraints at home, I didn't have time for the "obsessing" part and the "implementing" part was quicker because it's just a repurposing of tunnels (by design).
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:39:58 AM »

good work paul the town/road/tunnels/bridges seems to be ziping by really fast, i cant wait to log into your server and be able to see all this myself hahaha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
caesar
Forum's Janitor
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:56:01 AM »

very good work, looks amazing!
Especially the bridge looks very good!
I'm curious what the final ways/roads will look like Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 05:06:05 AM »

good work paul the town/road/tunnels/bridges seems to be ziping by really fast, i cant wait to log into your server and be able to see all this myself hahaha

It may be a while... and on the current server you'd probably have to walk a loooooong time to see anything new generated. Smiley
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »

Paul, So what is the plan when it comes to the server and big change updates? Since like the roads, bridges, tunnels, trees, buildings, etc. need to be generated.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »

Paul, So what is the plan when it comes to the server and big change updates? Since like the roads, bridges, tunnels, trees, buildings, etc. need to be generated.

I'll probably do like I did before with trees/caves and just delete the sections that have no block changes (or less than 2 or 3 blocks changed) so that they regenerate.  It leaves some of the world looking a little strange sometimes but I don't have too many options, either.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »

I'll probably do like I did before with trees/caves and just delete the sections that have no block changes (or less than 2 or 3 blocks changed) so that they regenerate.  It leaves some of the world looking a little strange sometimes but I don't have too many options, either.
You could invent some way for it to 'update' the sections that do have blocks on them... Make it so it just leaves the player placed stiff alone? I don't know :S
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 02:12:38 PM »

Ahh... this is sooo awesome.....

I cannot believe how good the game will, or SHOULD be...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 02:27:33 PM »

You could invent some way for it to 'update' the sections that do have blocks on them... Make it so it just leaves the player placed stiff alone? I don't know :S

I don't know what is player placed and what isn't in all cases.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: