Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 12:06:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A spawn tower...  (Read 8787 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2012, 11:45:08 PM »

I've been meaning to make something for the spawn point for a long time.  I finally had extra motivation tonight.

I really wanted there to be some drama from the spawn... where your first view can be of the nearby town or whatever.  Currently, my world generation prototype finds the "spawn town" first since all towns are predictable and repeatable for a given world seed.  Once the spawn town is located then the generator scans around for a good place to put the spawn point.  It tries to find something high on a hill with rough line of sight to the town.

The thing is, there are plenty of world seeds that have really flat starting areas and the best the spawn could find nearby was a tall hill.

So I implemented a spawn tower.  It changes its height based on how high it is located and what elevation the spawn town is.

Here is a triple-pic of the spawn tower in a few different world seeds: http://i.imgur.com/1Sxyg.jpg

Between that and a nice path running from spawn point to the town, I think it will be clear from the beginning that this is something different.
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:42 PM »

that looks nice paul, it reminds me of a witches tower with magical energy being cast from it haha

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 11:58:05 PM »

that looks nice paul, it reminds me of a witches tower with magical energy being cast from it haha

Someday I want all teleporting to be accompanied by a lighting strike... even spawning.  It would be cool also if when storms are added if the spawn tower acts as an attractor for lighting. Smiley
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:54 AM »

Someday I want all teleporting to be accompanied by a lighting strike... even spawning.  It would be cool also if when storms are added if the spawn tower acts as an attractor for lighting. Smiley

The imagination of that is awesome... by what color would you use? the actual color of lightning? or will you use lightning yellow.

NOTE: i used #00ffff to make that light blue, and #ffff00 to make yellow. basically using the color commands or whatever its called.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 10:00:51 AM »

Lightning color... maybe with a tinge of purple for "magicness".  It will be using some shader tricks too so I just have to see what looks right when I get there.

...definitely not yellow, though. Smiley
ahmadsal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »

Lightning isn't necessarily light blue. It depends on the energy and the gases in the air, sort of like how flames will change color with different gases and intensity. A magical tinge would look cool. You should also have the blocks of the tower glow, if it is able to identify specific blocks...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 06:28:19 AM »

Lightning isn't necessarily light blue. It depends on the energy and the gases in the air, sort of like how flames will change color with different gases and intensity. A magical tinge would look cool. You should also have the blocks of the tower glow, if it is able to identify specific blocks...

Yeah, it would be nice to give the tower some kind of aura at night.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

And then I will invent a metal pole in Mythruna that attracts lightning away from buildings by placing it ontop to absorb the lightning. *Will be rich in Mythruna for inventing Metal poles that were already invented!* Let's hope the iron mines can keep up with mass production.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Teknonick

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2012, 02:13:11 PM »

And then I will invent a metal pole in Mythruna that attracts lightning away from buildings by placing it ontop to absorb the lightning. *Will be rich in Mythruna for inventing Metal poles that were already invented!* Let's hope the iron mines can keep up with mass production.
Hehe, that, and you would be murdering people! Because, people would be coming from those lightning, then be sucked into a pole, and speared... Nice idea Wink LOL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: