Mythruna
May 01, 2024, 07:22:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  (Read 6267 times)
tissueslayer

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2012, 07:01:12 PM »

Can someone give me instructions on how to make a mythruna hamachi server? Or it's not possible?
Because I tried port fowarding but didnt work :S
I know how to set up the server and everything but do I gotta do something else for it to be hamachi?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 07:05:53 PM by tissueslayer » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 07:11:26 PM »

I don't know anything about hamachi.  Sorry.  Maybe someone else can help.

If you manage to get the ports forwarded properly then things should work without it, though.
tissueslayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

I decided to do hamachi but since you don't know or probably no one knows :/
I tried doing port fowarding again on that udp thing u told me to do
but whenever my friend tries to connect they get an error saying connection timed out Sad
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:12 PM »

I decided to do hamachi but since you don't know or probably no one knows :/
I tried doing port fowarding again on that udp thing u told me to do
but whenever my friend tries to connect they get an error saying connection timed out Sad

You still forward TCP also, right?  When does the error happen?
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 01:36:55 PM »

Can someone give me instructions on how to make a mythruna hamachi server? Or it's not possible?
Because I tried port fowarding but didnt work :S
I know how to set up the server and everything but do I gotta do something else for it to be hamachi?

You can download the mythruna server free at http://mythruna.com/download-now it is near the bottom. in order for your friend to connect to your port though, you will need to give him your ip address unless you buy a host. your ip can change at random times. if you run on windows, open up your command prompt (or search "cmd") and type "ipconfig" I have wireless connection so i would look under "Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:" and i always put my IPv4 address but i think you are able to use your "defaut Gateway" I have little knowledge of hamachi, though. i have used it for minecraft, but i never got connected because i do not have premium Sad
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »

You don't have to buy a host to avoid using an IP address.  As I've said a few times already, dyndns.org offers this service for free.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »

You don't have to buy a host to avoid using an IP address.  As I've said a few times already, dyndns.org offers this service for free.
Are you sure? It costs, and the closest thing you get to free is a trial of up to 14 days. I hope you aren't getting unsuspecting fees you aren't seeing.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 05:29:02 PM »

Are you sure? It costs, and the closest thing you get to free is a trial of up to 14 days. I hope you aren't getting unsuspecting fees you aren't seeing.

Well, I used it for free for several years but have an account now.  Maybe they changed their policy since before.  Used to be that the only down side to the free domain redirect was that you had to login once a month to refresh it.

Yeah, looks like it's $20 a year now... but you get 30 hosts for that.  There are bound to be some other free ones somewhere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: