Mythruna
April 23, 2024, 01:42:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a few of questions  (Read 7793 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:41:07 PM »

1. Is there a way to record me playing the game? I've never done it before but I figured this would be a good game to try.

2. Do I have to spawn in the same place every time? or is there a way to change that.

3. Is there really anything you can do in "game mode" right now?

Thanks in advance for helping

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:50 PM »

1. Is there a way to record me playing the game? I've never done it before but I figured this would be a good game to try.

I think the key is F6... it doesn't record sound, though.  Otherwise you have to use an external tool.

2. Do I have to spawn in the same place every time? or is there a way to change that.

In single player you spawn in the same place every time.  You can add a teleport script to your single player game (don't remember if I posted it or not but I can) to allow you to tp around.  It's easier for me to test things if I spawn in the same place every time and so I just haven't fixed this.

Another alternative is to run a local server and connect to that.  This has the further advantage of being able to rollback changes, grant yourself property, etc..

3. Is there really anything you can do in "game mode" right now?

Not without mod scripts.  I put it in because there seemed to be some interesting in modding and I wanted to start solidifying some of the object scripting interface.  But there isn't much to do with it yet as I got side tracked with AI.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »

<removed>
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:43:06 PM by Shzylo » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 02:27:58 PM »

Hopefully we don't get my forum in trouble for posting links to allow stealing software.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 02:32:01 PM »

Hopefully we don't get my forum in trouble for posting links to allow stealing software.

would you rather me send it to him in a PM? i would not like you to get in trouble Sad
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 02:35:25 PM »

would you rather me send it to him in a PM? i would not like you to get in trouble Sad

I'd rather not facilitate the stealing of software at all but at least I wouldn't know about it in a PM.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 02:43:03 PM »

well i could probably deal with no sound, but i thought f6 only did screenshots?
and so i downloaded fraps. so i just push f9 to start recording in game? is f9 used for something else normally?

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:49:14 PM »

well i could probably deal with no sound, but i thought f6 only did screenshots?
and so i downloaded fraps. so i just push f9 to start recording in game? is f9 used for something else normally?

if you want, you can change the key i changed mine to "end"
the movie will be saved in a generated folder in which you put fraps.
i put fraps into my documents so it would be: ..\Documents\Fraps
and the movies will be saved in ..\Documents\Fraps\Movies
the format is .avi

and you can turn on the sound if you would like Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

F2 is screen shots.  F6 records video (might be F5... it's one of those and it will tell you on the console when recording starts and stops).

F9 toggles post processing so you probably want to set fraps to use a different key.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:08:12 PM »

F2 is screen shots.  F6 records video (might be F5... it's one of those and it will tell you on the console when recording starts and stops).

F9 toggles post processing so you probably want to set fraps to use a different key.

oh yea, that is why i changed my F9 toggle video is so it won't interfere with the F keys in Mythruna.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 07:44:32 PM »

sounds good guys. thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: