Mythruna
April 20, 2024, 01:19:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: x16  (Read 20264 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »

The smelter will be functional when crafting is added.  It will be required to turn iron ore into iron ingots.
Good thats what i thought... Anything you can see from the error file?

I need to stop being on these forums... I'm getting myself all excited too early.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

The smelter will be functional when crafting is added.  It will be required to turn iron ore into iron ingots.

I need to stop being on these forums... I'm getting myself all excited too early.

From the error file: "Failed to find ARB pixel format 1 0"

Looks like for whatever reasons, those settings and what I'm trying to send to the card don't work for x16.  I'm not really sure why.  Unfortunately, this is not something that I can easily detect and if I could it's not something I can easily remove from that option drop down right now.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

Looks like for whatever reasons, those settings and what I'm trying to send to the card don't work for x16.  I'm not really sure why.  Unfortunately, this is not something that I can easily detect and if I could it's not something I can easily remove from that option drop down right now.

You probably should..
what is Vsync? it gives me ultimate lag.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 03:43:11 PM »

You probably should..
what is Vsync? it gives me ultimate lag.

Vertical Sync, basically syncs the frame-rate with your Monitor's Framerate. (Which is usually 60Hz, sometimes you could have 120-160Hz. Remember, Hz is basically FPS if you wanted to know that) Most of the time, It decreases FPS trying to sync, but also prevents screen ripping, when the monitor doesn't update the pixels with what's going on with the screen in-time. I keep It off for max framerate.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 04:16:16 PM »

Moonkey has it right.  If you weren't getting at least 60 FPS before then it can actually slow you down more.  For example, if you were consistently getting 50 FPS before turning on vsync then it could drop to 45 or even 30 depending on why it was lagging.  If it takes longer to draw a single frame than 1/60 th of a second then it will skip a second one trying to finish.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 06:58:33 PM »

Moonkey has it right.  If you weren't getting at least 60 FPS before then it can actually slow you down more.  For example, if you were consistently getting 50 FPS before turning on vsync then it could drop to 45 or even 30 depending on why it was lagging.  If it takes longer to draw a single frame than 1/60 th of a second then it will skip a second one trying to finish.

well yea, I have an FPS on mythruna of anywhere around 10-30. I used to get 20-40, but I don't know what happened. any way to increase fps?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 08:07:57 PM »

Buying a faster computer would help.

...I'm not being very helpful.. Tongue
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 08:32:05 PM »

Buying a faster computer would help.

...I'm not being very helpful.. Tongue

Yes, but I did not buy it. I got this laptop December 25, 2011. I don't think im getting a new one any time soon Wink
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2012, 09:07:22 PM »

well yea, I have an FPS on mythruna of anywhere around 10-30. I used to get 20-40, but I don't know what happened. any way to increase fps?

Undo what you did to make is slower? Wink

You probably already know all of the ways to make it faster and the methods have been discussed here a few times already.  F8, F12, /flora low, etc.

What settings do you use when you run?  Maybe you changed something there and forgot.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

Undo what you did to make is slower? Wink

You probably already know all of the ways to make it faster and the methods have been discussed here a few times already.  F8, F12, /flora low, etc.

What settings do you use when you run?  Maybe you changed something there and forgot.

nah, i didn't change anything. But i did download items and filled my disk space a bit. It slowly built down. its kind of consistent now from 10-30 for 1-2 months.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

What settings do you use when you run? 
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2012, 11:55:46 PM »

Size: 800x600;
BPP: 24;
AA: Disabled;
Fullscreen: OFF;
VSync: OFF;
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »

Try 300x120. xD

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:23 PM »

Try 300x120. xD

800x600 is client size, I should've made that more clear.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2012, 09:08:51 PM »

Try 300x120. xD

800x600 is client size, I should've made that more clear.
I'm very aware of that. My older laptop could have a resolution of 1920x1600 - 320x120. It supported so many resolutions Smiley.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: