Mythruna
April 19, 2024, 02:01:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: x16  (Read 20263 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
x16
« on: September 14, 2012, 05:52:43 PM »

The option x16 when you startup mythruna makes my game immediately crash? is there a way to fix that.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 06:14:53 PM »

The option x16 when you startup mythruna makes my game immediately crash? is there a way to fix that.

Yeah, don't use x16.  That's an anti-aliasing setting and your card probably doesn't support it with the other things that I'm doing.  Every higher setting slows the graphics down a lot but only marginally improves the visuals.  I run with AA set to "Disabled" personally.

When crashes like this happen they also produce an error log.  In the future, that would be a good thing to post with an error report like this so that we/you can get more info.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 06:29:48 PM »

Yeah, don't use x16.  That's an anti-aliasing setting and your card probably doesn't support it with the other things that I'm doing.  Every higher setting slows the graphics down a lot but only marginally improves the visuals.  I run with AA set to "Disabled" personally.

When crashes like this happen they also produce an error log.  In the future, that would be a good thing to post with an error report like this so that we/you can get more info.

I'm jealous of your knowledge...

but yes, as you said anything pretty much slows mythruna down. this is the settings i use (Windows 7):

Screen Size: 800x600;
BBP: 24;
AA: Disabled;
Fullscreen: OFF;
Vsync: OFF;
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »

I can run AA at max on my card so maybe I'll post a side-by-side pic later.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »

what is AA? xD
(google is not your friend while googling "what is AA")
ayoriceball
Donators

Control Magic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

what is AA? xD

Anti-Aliasing

From Bay12Forums
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
I have a skin, a potato has a skin, therefore, I'm God
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 08:05:10 PM »

...That's an anti-aliasing setting...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »

Some comparison shots.  Note: the JPG conversion has "smoothed" some of the AA=Disabled pics but I think the difference is still kind of apparent.  I can probably post the original PNGs somewhere but it's a pain.

Also note that you should probably view this images full size to get the real effect... maybe open them in two different tabs for easy flipping.

AA smooths the jaggies.  x2 and x4 will do that, too.  Obviously the higher the AA the smoother the jaggies will be... but at an even greater reduced frame rate.  The FPS numbers are there so you can see that it more the halves my raw frame rate.  You can kind of imagine that it's drawing the image bigger than it needs to be and scaling it down... that's not exactly what happens the hardware does it pretty efficiently but it _is_ a lot more work for the GPU.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »

sorry bout that i forgot to about the error file. And I run some damn resource draining games on my tank PC, so i'm not sure...

BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2012, 09:35:35 AM »

In the first one the lighting seemed a little brighter, too. But you may have just taken those at different times.

what is AA? xD
You just need to think more like the Internet. AA stands for quite a few things, so you google "what is AA gaming." first result? Anti-aliasing.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 09:50:34 AM »

BTW i love how you had a dirt block at the bottom for all but the last pic haha

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 10:06:44 AM »

BTW i love how you had a dirt block at the bottom for all but the last pic haha

The structure in the last two images is the iron smelter.  I had created a blueprints version for exporting so that the town generator could use it.  To do that I had to place an object so I could right click on it to export (it's actually two different objects but I digress).  So when I wanted to take a clean picture of this structure, I had to remove it first and the tool was just still on the object tool.  I took the AA one first in this case.

It seemed like a nice structure to show contrast since I'd put up the black marble backing so that I could take a screen cap of it to use as the smelter icon in the global resource/ai-tester app.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

i wish i had your fps
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »

The structure in the last two images is the iron smelter.  I had created a blueprints version for exporting so that the town generator could use it.  To do that I had to place an object so I could right click on it to export (it's actually two different objects but I digress).  So when I wanted to take a clean picture of this structure, I had to remove it first and the tool was just still on the object tool.  I took the AA one first in this case.

It seemed like a nice structure to show contrast since I'd put up the black marble backing so that I could take a screen cap of it to use as the smelter icon in the global resource/ai-tester app.

It is a very good pic. So the smelter is for looks..? or will be functional after physics is applied.

I'm going to have to go reply in the AI-tester post cuz i can't figure out how to do anything with it...

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2012, 11:29:58 AM »

It is a very good pic. So the smelter is for looks..? or will be functional after physics is applied.

I'm going to have to go reply in the AI-tester post cuz i can't figure out how to do anything with it...

The smelter will be functional when crafting is added.  It will be required to turn iron ore into iron ingots.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: