Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 01:09:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Steampunk... portals?  (Read 34796 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 07:55:05 AM »

I don't know yet.  I have ideas but I'm going to wait until much later.  When the engine is closer to done then I'll know what really strange things I can get away with.
Oh boy i can't wait    Grin

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

...and I potentially get to make some really wild areas not based on the classic terrain.
And maybe someone chooses to stay dead, and just play around in the spirit world. Would the spirit world be single-player? Would it be modifiable (digging, building)? Could you take possessions from the spirit world to the mundane world?
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 03:15:36 PM »

...and I potentially get to make some really wild areas not based on the classic terrain.
And maybe someone chooses to stay dead, and just play around in the spirit world. Would the spirit world be single-player? Would it be modifiable (digging, building)? Could you take possessions from the spirit world to the mundane world?

Reminds me of Demon Souls, and Dark souls. Smiley I like the point of being with the dead on another world similar to the first world. Just with different beasts and non-interactions with the physical world.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »

You would see other players... and yes possessions would be transferable.  If I can make it interesting enough then I'm sure some people would like to stay there.

Being able to build may require some special resource collection requirements.  I will not divulge more on that subject at this time.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 06:29:29 PM »

What about an opportunity for thise in spirit form to be able to create traps or other things that can effect those in the physical realm, but to do this you must build up your "spirit" skill which you gain from your time in the spirit world.

Having a "spirit" skill can also help with various things like magical infused contraptions...in order for the gear to turn using the motor without using belts, go to spirit world and create the "belts" with magic, no physical form but still works as if it did....

More options can be done as well such as if "spirit" is high enough then you may be able to even effect the physical realm while in spirit (at expense of mana, or whatever form magic is taking)

Idk just brainstorming
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »

My brain has been connected to a server to a hard drive. My head feels a little weird, not much. My head is brainstorming drastically.
JKybett

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »

... This sounds awesome. I'd still like to be able to leave more freely, perhaps Spawn Tower(s) existing in both worlds and acting as free exit portals? Convenient if you don't mind walking forever to escape.
Or perhaps your property flag could do this. If you can find your home's spiritual geographic counterpart you can wake up in your bed with all your possessions as though it was all just a dream.
Could even be a specific piece of furniture that can only be placed inside your home.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 08:26:04 AM by JKybett » Logged

Greatest Game ever                                                      Greatest Game ever
ma9nu2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »

maby when you are dead. and in an ascend Sad body and spirit move to the spirit plane.  You are dead-dead at this point) you will be judged by how you were in your life. if you have done good things like helped people,trading etc.. you are sent to Heaven. if you have done bad things like burned houses, killing innocent people etc... you are sent to Hell. before you know were you are going. a number will come up the number of how bad/good you have been. if you have been very good you will be rewarded. if you have been very bad you will be rewarded.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 10:19:49 AM »

maby when you are dead. and in an ascend Sad body and spirit move to the spirit plane.  You are dead-dead at this point) you will be judged by how you were in your life. if you have done good things like helped people,trading etc.. you are sent to Heaven. if you have done bad things like burned houses, killing innocent people etc... you are sent to Hell. before you know were you are going. a number will come up the number of how bad/good you have been. if you have been very good you will be rewarded. if you have been very bad you will be rewarded.

This is an interesting idea but "good" and "bad" are surprisingly hard to determine in a game setting.

At best, I could probably do something where the number of NPCs who like you (ie: they might think of you fondly after you are gone) give you some extra "power" in the astral plane... and the number of NPCs who hate you take away from that.

I'm starting to have an idea of mechanically how the spirit plane will work but I still don't know what things there will  be to do there yet.
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2013, 11:08:04 AM »

What about if your able to make spiritual constructs or traps that can only be made in the spiritual realm. These items would do various things such as constructs would gather materials until your return or if they are destroyed. And traps would be able to be set off by physical beings and invisible to them unless that being has one of the magical devises implanted
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 11:17:07 AM »

I think that steam machine should require fuel of some sort Smiley
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 12:06:11 PM »

a mining aspect?
What about if your able to make spiritual constructs or traps that can only be made in the spiritual realm. These items would do various things such as constructs would gather materials until your return or if they are destroyed. And traps would be able to be set off by physical beings and invisible to them unless that being has one of the magical devises implanted
as cool as the spirit world is, it really needs alot of thought and workin on when the time comes, because its one of those things that are great in your head but can come out disastrous

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BigBug667

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 02:05:00 PM »

a mining aspect?
I was thinking about a special rock when I posted that but, maybe it could be special wood used to convert a special to steam Cheesy
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 03:26:37 PM »

Steam will be produced by applying heat to water.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2013, 05:43:59 PM »

Steam will be produced by applying heat to water.
Exactly. We don't need a special rock to heat water. Smiley

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: