Mythruna
May 13, 2024, 01:14:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slow Goin' and Expectations  (Read 10556 times)
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2012, 05:17:52 AM »

Things on the Mythruna forums have been kinda... slow recently. So I figured I'd make a post asking how everyone's doing n stuff like that, maybe ask Paul what he's been working on as of late? Also I'd like to encourage any new members to post your thoughts on what you're most looking forward to in Mythruna from what you've read. Old members feel free to do this also!

I know I'm looking forward to near endless hardcore-RPG possibilities with many worlds  Smiley no game has or probly will beat my expectations as far as thats concerned, just because Paul's ideas have been creative and unique in comparison to any other game I've found, PC or otherwise. I'll be able to go to new worlds if i want something fresh, but, unlike in minecraft where i do that all the time because the mining thing got old, i will actually have things to keep me actively interested in even just one world.

Edit: what is everyone's view on Space sims? http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:11:49 PM by belgariad87 » Logged

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 05:39:30 AM »

im bussy with school at the moment so im trying to keep off mythruna and do study for my final exams in a few weeks but after that ill be on alot xD so yeah hopefully we can get some more action happening on the forums :]

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 06:31:07 AM »

For my part, I'm sorry the public face has been slow lately.  I was neck deep in some background Mythtuna development activities and I was trying to get them to a good stopping place before Thanksgiving week.  My wife is out of town over the next three days so I'm trying to work day job and watch the kids at the same time.

I got a significant chunk of the UI library rewrite done over the weekend finally.  I don't have a new working Mythruna UI yet but the actual components are there now to replace the old menus and settings screens, etc..

I'm taking off work all of next week to work on some more significant pieces of Mythruna that require 100% of my attention for a long period of time.  I'll try to post status updates but I'm also trying to keep it under wraps in case my week is not as productive as I hope.  No reason anyone should be disappointed other than me plus the surprise will give me a little extra motivation.  The rest of this week I'm spending getting my ducks in a row to hit the ground running on Friday night and not stop until the 25th.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 06:56:51 AM »

Cant freakin wait!

I just finished AC3 and loved it. Im thinking about getting the new modern warfare.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 07:02:29 AM »

Cant wait paul, sorry ive been busy as well, learning strange stacks abd strange queues in c++

With bit manipulation lol
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:09:56 PM »

For my part, I'm sorry the public face has been slow lately.  I was neck deep in some background Mythtuna development activities and I was trying to get them to a good stopping place before Thanksgiving week.  My wife is out of town over the next three days so I'm trying to work day job and watch the kids at the same time.

I got a significant chunk of the UI library rewrite done over the weekend finally.  I don't have a new working Mythruna UI yet but the actual components are there now to replace the old menus and settings screens, etc..

I'm taking off work all of next week to work on some more significant pieces of Mythruna that require 100% of my attention for a long period of time.  I'll try to post status updates but I'm also trying to keep it under wraps in case my week is not as productive as I hope.  No reason anyone should be disappointed other than me plus the surprise will give me a little extra motivation.  The rest of this week I'm spending getting my ducks in a row to hit the ground running on Friday night and not stop until the 25th.
Good work Paul! Thanks for trying to keep us posted. Putting up what you did and not what you wanted to is the best way to do it.

Glad to hear i wasn't the only one working on school work lol.

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »

I'm also busy with school. But I'm always home and I don't play Mythruna much anymore. I guess that playing Minecraft has worn me out from building. Ugh.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »

Paul, please don't post updates. As much as I (we) would like it, you need to get things done, and I am just realizing this.

What I have been doing recently: I have been watching a java tutorial again, this time i am taking notes. At a later time (when beginners notes are done) i will post them and see what you guys think.

Oh, and Paul. I want to make a deadline for the both of us Smiley
As the two of us work (physically and mentally) I would like to set a deadline for these two things: PAUL [to make Mythruna Alpha]; UNNATURALLIFE [to make a basic program with out any help]. Deadline Date[February 18, 2013]
That is my birthday, and that will get me a better chance of getting Mythruna that day. I am not saying this to get Mythruna for my birthday, fully. The reason is, I wan to make a basic program in java before my birthday. I thought of this for a while.

I also have not been posting on Mythruna for this reason: I am tired of SPAMMING. We all know this, and I am getting tired of the remarks people say to me at school about how immature I am. So, I set their thoughts as yours, so I do not want people over the internet to hate me.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 03:05:38 PM »

I've been checking out the new Steam for Linux beta! Smiley

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »

As the two of us work (physically and mentally) I would like to set a deadline for these two things: PAUL [to make Mythruna Alpha]; UNNATURALLIFE [to make a basic program with out any help]. Deadline Date[February 18, 2013]
That is my birthday, and that will get me a better chance of getting Mythruna that day. I am not saying this to get Mythruna for my birthday, fully. The reason is, I wan to make a basic program in java before my birthday. I thought of this for a while.
maybe you should just let Paul work on it without worrying about us or a deadline..? by all means give yourself a deadline.

I've been checking out the new Steam for Linux beta! Smiley
i heard about that! i wonder how it will go, i'm very interested in using linux in college.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:42 PM »

Phine, no deadline for Paul, only for me
ap0r

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »

Been really busy with bussines and life Wink
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 06:34:05 PM »

Paul, please don't post updates. As much as I (we) would like it, you need to get things done, and I am just realizing this.

What I have been doing recently: I have been watching a java tutorial again, this time i am taking notes. At a later time (when beginners notes are done) i will post them and see what you guys think.

Oh, and Paul. I want to make a deadline for the both of us Smiley

I also have not been posting on Mythruna for this reason: I am tired of SPAMMING. We all know this, and I am getting tired of the remarks people say to me at school about how immature I am. So, I set their thoughts as yours, so I do not want people over the internet to hate me.
Being 12 = Not at a mature age yet. Your body is still growing so why question someone's maturity?

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »

Because they are immature, or never in a good mood Undecided
The people compared to me, are just plain idiots. They act 3 times more immature than me, and then i go and do something and the yell at me! Oh, well.
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »

Because they are immature, or never in a good mood Undecided
The people compared to me, are just plain idiots. They act 3 times more immature than me, and then i go and do something and the yell at me! Oh, well.
Don't think of yourself as the victim, realize you may be part of the problem, and regardless you can be part of the solution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: