Mythruna
May 10, 2024, 07:00:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will this game be Early-Access?  (Read 5320 times)
LemonYourAid

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »

I'm curious, because I'd like to buy this game early access for cheaper if possible Cheesy
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 05:23:07 PM »

You can make a 10$ donation at http://mythruna.com/shop/ to get a free license when the game is pay to play. The game is slated to cost about 35$, I think.

All possible donation benefits can be found here.

If you donate $50 or more, you have access to as-of-yet unreleased builds of the game.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 05:24:57 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »

You can make a 10$ donation at http://mythruna.com/shop/ to get a free license when the game is pay to play. The game is slated to cost about 35$, I think.

If you donate $50 or more, you have access to as-of-yet unreleased builds of the game.
Not to be rude, but to add a correction for any readers, Paul has said that he is not into "pay to play." To clarify, when buying, you'll only have to pay once per account (unless something has changed and I missed it completely).
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:10:11 PM »

Donating $10 gets you the real release of the game as if you'd paid for it... game is slated to be $15 when released but I actually don't know for sure.  $10 guarantees that's all you pay.  $5 donation gets you $10 off whatever the final asking price is.

Other donation levels get other benefits listed here:
http://mythruna.com/donation-benefits/

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 06:43:30 PM »

Not to be rude, but to add a correction for any readers, Paul has said that he is not into "pay to play." To clarify, when buying, you'll only have to pay once per account (unless something has changed and I missed it completely).

There's a difference between pay to play and buying the game?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »

There's a difference between pay to play and buying the game?

It's important for folks to be specific, I think.  Some people think "pay to play" is like a monthly subscription or something.

Mythruna will have one free-to-play version that is limited in features... because we already have a free server and I don't want people to lose their stuff just because they didn't pay for the full version.

Mythruna will have a one-time-pay version that is full featured... and you can prebuy with a $10 donation.

Once you have a Mythruna account (by buying the game/donating) then you will also be able to (someday) buy or subscribe to other player's mods/services/servers/whatever.  I will offer that service to modders/server-runners/etc. but I won't really control what they choose to charge as that would be out of my hands, so to speak.  I feel it necessary to include that caveat because I don't want folks seeing pay-mods and subscriptions later and think that _I_ am going back on my word... as it would be someone else charging for that just using my store front.  So the fact that some server-modder-runner might charge you for access to the "Bronies versus Dinosaurs" server is not included in my pricing structure above. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: