Mythruna
May 04, 2024, 09:28:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest activity...  (Read 8713 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:02:08 PM »

So, this afternoon I bought Minecraft for my PS4 because the kids really love it and we can do four player split screen with the whole family.

So on the down side, this will be taking up many hours of my time over the next week or so.  On the up side, it makes me really itch like crazy to work on Mythruna again.  I have a rule that we can only play it together which limits the hours of the day I can play, at least. Smiley

I already miss some things from Mythruna, though. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »

Minecraft lacks so many features that Mythruna has executed perfectly despite being so early in development. Of course you'll miss it. Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:26 PM »

Minecraft lacks so many features that Mythruna has executed perfectly despite being so early in development. Of course you'll miss it. Tongue

Yeah, still... it will be a looooooooooooong time before Mythruna is ever running on a console. :-/
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 11:59:06 PM »

You could just make it compatible with one of those PC controllers and call it a day. Tongue

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »

You could just make it compatible with one of those PC controllers and call it a day. Tongue
xD
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 08:00:47 AM »

Yeah, still... it will be a looooooooooooong time before Mythruna is ever running on a console. :-/
If you were to make it for consoles, will there be a licensing agreement that will only allow you to make it for a certain company?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:06 AM »

It's already compatible with PC controllers.  I think I never released that version.  The new engine is also.  I test it from time to time.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »

If you were to make it for consoles, will there be a licensing agreement that will only allow you to make it for a certain company?

Those deals are negotiated separately.  For example, the limited-time exclusivity of the next Tomb Raider for sure had to be accompanied with a dump-truck size pile of cash from Microsoft.

At any rate, Mythruna (if it ever gets to a console) will likely be PS4-exclusive for at least a while simply because I don't own any Xboxen and have no intention of ever owning one.  Though it kind of depends on if I'm porting it myself or have enough cash to hire someone else to port it.  Mythruna will not be an easy port because it pretty much requires a JVM because of Groovy.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 06:06:18 PM »

Those deals are negotiated separately.  For example, the limited-time exclusivity of the next Tomb Raider for sure had to be accompanied with a dump-truck size pile of cash from Microsoft.

At any rate, Mythruna (if it ever gets to a console) will likely be PS4-exclusive for at least a while simply because I don't own any Xboxen and have no intention of ever owning one.  Though it kind of depends on if I'm porting it myself or have enough cash to hire someone else to port it.  Mythruna will not be an easy port because it pretty much requires a JVM because of Groovy.

Sony and Microsoft are running out of ideas. It's only a matter of time before the giants fall hard. I wouldn't put too much effort into porting, since you may not get your money back later on.

I've been thinking, how are pirates going to be deterred? Even the big developers have been plagued by pirates and I'd hate to see that happen to this game.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2014, 06:45:33 PM »

Sony and Microsoft are running out of ideas. It's only a matter of time before the giants fall hard. I wouldn't put too much effort into porting, since you may not get your money back later on.

I've been thinking, how are pirates going to be deterred? Even the big developers have been plagued by pirates and I'd hate to see that happen to this game.

<shrug>  Pirates aren't lost customers.

Sony will be around for a while and I have lots of long-time love for Playstations.  I would love to be able to play my games on a Playstation.  I have no interested in XBox, though.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 10:43:25 AM »

I just played some Minecrift http://minecraft-vr.com/ a few days ago. It enhances the game greatly and got me enjoying MC again. I don't have the best GPU or CPU but everything worked fine.
I also ran across this post on reddit by Ph00t today.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2gc18b/jmonkeyengine_a_free_3d_crossplatform_engine_has/

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 05:54:58 PM »

I just played some Minecrift http://minecraft-vr.com/ a few days ago. It enhances the game greatly and got me enjoying MC again. I don't have the best GPU or CPU but everything worked fine.
I also ran across this post on reddit by Ph00t today.
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/2gc18b/jmonkeyengine_a_free_3d_crossplatform_engine_has/

Yeah, I've been following the thread on the JME site... like I follow all the threads but this one I actually read closely. Smiley
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/oculus-rift-support/

re: this weekend, so my kids and I logged probably 20+ hours in our shared world this weekend.  We have a pretty kicking sky fortress (lots of glass walls) and a sky bridge I made over to the jungle biome and a split over to the jungle temple on the edge of the snow biome.

Good times.  We're learning to be very Zen about our possessions.  The kids have both asked me "In Mythruna will we get to keep our stuff when I die?"  "Definitely."  They can't wait. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 05:58:34 PM »

DropItemsOnDeath is a toggleable node in MC if I recall correctly. I forget how  to toggle it though.  xD
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 06:07:50 PM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:54 PM »

DropItemsOnDeath is a toggleable node in MC if I recall correctly. I forget o toggle it though.  xD

The PS4 is essentially a ported Xbox version, I guess.  I have no idea how to set anything that menus don't let me set when I create the game... and this was definitely not an option or I would have clicked it 51 times. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2014, 06:05:16 PM »

I think the PS4 port has command blocks though... Let me look that up.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: