Mythruna
June 02, 2024, 05:31:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New, plese help  (Read 4684 times)
indianabones

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2012, 10:52:38 AM »

I just installed the game for windows. the game works, but its laging teribly, and freezes after like 5 minutes, or when i go into water. Its lags so bad i can barely see where Im going! What should I do? Huh Cry
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

I just installed the game for windows. the game works, but its laging teribly, and freezes after like 5 minutes, or when i go into water. Its lags so bad i can barely see where Im going! What should I do? Huh Cry

Sorry you are having trouble.  Lagging in the water sounds strange to me.  Can you tell me what kind of graphics card you have?

Actually, if you can find and paste the client.log here that could be useful.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:13:09 AM »

Press f12 to lower the clip.
f8 to set the shader quality to low.
f9 to turn post-processing effects off.

If that doesn't help lower the games resolution.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »

But usually going into the water should be faster.  If he turns off post-processing then it may hide the fact that he's actually somehow falling back on software renderings.  The underwater effect should be pretty fast on all cards but would be super-duper slow if software rendered.

I'm curious to see if the client.log shows that he's running an intel GPU when he really thinks he has an nvidia or something... like it's a dual-card laptop.
indianabones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:09:35 PM »

Thanks u and sean where right, u guys rock!  Grin
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:59:56 PM »

But usually going into the water should be faster.  If he turns off post-processing then it may hide the fact that he's actually somehow falling back on software renderings.  The underwater effect should be pretty fast on all cards but would be super-duper slow if software rendered.

I'm curious to see if the client.log shows that he's running an intel GPU when he really thinks he has an nvidia or something... like it's a dual-card laptop.
Intel GPU's can hardly run games at Mythruna's level. :p

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: