Mythruna
May 12, 2024, 09:51:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An old trailer I dug up again  (Read 3466 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:08:20 PM »

Remember final fantasy XIII versus? Probably not, but this trailer boasted some pretty spectacular looking weapon concepts. Instead of the main character having his weapons on him, he is able to summon them as spectral swords or as physical weapons bound to the laws of physics. He has a massive arsenal literally at his fingertips that serve as shields in their spectral form, and teleportation devices when he throws them. Since it's part of the Nova Chrystalia arc, it's no doubt made possible through that world's crystal energy.

I know, I know, the whole magic thing is still in the air as to how it works, but this may be an interesting use for... Spirit gems, I guess. Since the spirit world is 'accessible' through them, perhaps access to the spirit world would allow you to soul bind weapons you forge there to you such that you can latently control them and 'use' them in the real world. However, it does raise the question of how, or rather, if, they would be exclusive to each player, and how they may work. I have some theories of my own, but for now I'll leave you at that.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 05:36:57 AM by Rayblon » Logged

Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 01:09:51 AM »

Definitely wouldn't be something common, if I say so myself. You'd have to have a rather strong life-force if it was possible, heh.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 06:43:54 AM »

Definitely wouldn't be something common, if I say so myself. You'd have to have a rather strong life-force if it was possible, heh.

No doubt, but the low damage and low weight of essentially spectral weapons makes it good for tanks. More room for armor. :p

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: