Mythruna
May 12, 2024, 01:49:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: mythruna map or coordinates please  (Read 11053 times)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2015, 09:26:57 PM »

Untill a couple days ago, I was on an island really far away from the spawn town. So far away that I couldnt even figure out how to get back if I wanted to.  Sadly enough recently the game went through a glitch for me and recently relocated me back to the spawn town.   I have no idea what the coordinates of the island are. Just how it looked.  It was a narrow, almost straight strip of land that I had begun painstakingly trying to carve into two islands.  the evidence is there as a black line on the map.  And somewhere on the island is a large cross shaped hole in the ground that opens up into a large underground lake that I painstakingly created.   If anyone has a full map of the multiplayer map or knows of this island and can give me the coordinates, I would really appreciate it.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »

If it's as far out as you say it is, odds are, nobody but you has had the privilege of seeing it. Unfortunately, unless you accidentally logged in with another username, your home may be lost indefinitely. However, Paul may be able to locate it if you claimed a stronghold there.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 11:01:10 PM »

If you claimed property then I might be able to find it for you... otherwise, the world is kind of endless and certainly even the parts that have been explored are too big for any reasonably sized map... without a lot of work at least.  Heck, we once teleported up to coordinates 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 once just to see what would happen.

Without a stronghold, you might just have to remember how you got there.

Regarding the glitch, I'm not sure what happened.  I guess maybe something failed when it went to save your last position in the player database or there was a problem reading it again.  That's the only reason I could think that it would reset your spawn point.
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:21 PM »

Sadly I dont personally have a stronghold there, but as far as I can tell, there is one person on the whole island that does.  Probably would help if I had written down the name.  I think the coordinates around in the 100s somewhere.  Its really far out there.  But I've never heard of a game with a truely endless map before.  Does it loop over on itself or something?

Also, regarding the player database, is it something physical that I can see? I might be able to pointpoint where I last was before the game spawned me back in spawn town.   The game name is Yvette if that helps any.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:59:21 PM by fola_mactire » Logged
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 11:53:17 PM »

The player database is on the server and stores player related info like password, last time on, block count, etc... including the last known position when you logged out.  Logging out again would have thus wiped any data that was hanging out there.

The world is (mostly) endless within the limits of the computer.  It just keeps regenerating more as you go.  It never loops.

We went up to 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 but we couldn't move anymore.  The player movement physics loses so much precision at those coordinates that we could only turn our heads.

In the negative coordinates, the fractal algorithm starts to break down.  It starts to happen around -10,000 or so.  By the time you get down to -15,000 (might be off on that) the world degrades into random jagged towers.  I think I've posted screens of it before.  Before I had the nerf command to stop griefers, I used to send them out there with a teleport. Smiley  Let them walk back to grief.

If you go far enough negative, it crashes the client.

When you say you were in the "100s"... what does that mean exactly?  If someone else had a property there then you couldn't have been too far away.... though I guess you had to be at least 1000 meters away from spawn to have lost sight of the spawn flag on the map.  (The map shows 1024x1024 area when fully zoomed out.)
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 12:02:16 AM »

The player database is on the server and stores player related info like password, last time on, block count, etc... including the last known position when you logged out.  Logging out again would have thus wiped any data that was hanging out there.

The world is (mostly) endless within the limits of the computer.  It just keeps regenerating more as you go.  It never loops.

We went up to 1,000,000 x 1,000,000 but we couldn't move anymore.  The player movement physics loses so much precision at those coordinates that we could only turn our heads.

In the negative coordinates, the fractal algorithm starts to break down.  It starts to happen around -10,000 or so.  By the time you get down to -15,000 (might be off on that) the world degrades into random jagged towers.  I think I've posted screens of it before.  Before I had the nerf command to stop griefers, I used to send them out there with a teleport. Smiley  Let them walk back to grief.

If you go far enough negative, it crashes the client.

When you say you were in the "100s"... what does that mean exactly?  If someone else had a property there then you couldn't have been too far away.... though I guess you had to be at least 1000 meters away from spawn to have lost sight of the spawn flag on the map.  (The map shows 1024x1024 area when fully zoomed out.)

somewhere in the 100s coordinates wise. like 100.00 - 100.00 or something like that.  I just dont remember the exact coordinates. And yeah, one stronghold which was basically just a big tower.   I dont even remember where my stronghold is.  How do I figure that out?
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2015, 12:10:17 AM »

Then you aren't very far from spawn at all.  I'm surprised you found anywhere to build that close in fact. Smiley

If you were really only in the 100s then it should be an easy walk as it's just over the hills.

Regarding your stronghold, did you ever place it?  You can check and see if you still have the marker.  It might be that the property book shows coordinates but I don't remember.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 06:46:25 AM »

Then you aren't very far from spawn at all.  I'm surprised you found anywhere to build that close in fact. Smiley

If you were really only in the 100s then it should be an easy walk as it's just over the hills.

Regarding your stronghold, did you ever place it?  You can check and see if you still have the marker.  It might be that the property book shows coordinates but I don't remember.

The property menu does not show coords. I've lost a few strongholds to the lack of cords, myself.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 12:04:03 PM »

Wish we had more clever scripters that could write a "find my properties" command.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 12:57:38 PM »

Wish we had more clever scripters that could write a "find my properties" command.

It almost sounds as if you're asking gara to do it for you. :p

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2015, 01:53:40 PM »

Every little project like that I take on myself is at least an hour or more that the game itself doesn't get worked on.
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 04:12:41 AM »

Every little project like that I take on myself is at least an hour or more that the game itself doesn't get worked on.
Never confuse efficiency with laziness! ;D

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 11:01:40 AM »

Never confuse efficiency with laziness! Grin

I was just saying that gara is like, the only person that makes mods. No implications intended. I think we all know that Paul works his butt off for this game.

Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 05:53:40 PM »

I was just saying that gara is like, the only person that makes mods. No implications intended. I think we all know that Paul works his butt off for this game.
If I am allowed to stick my nose in the conversation here, I've dabbled into the mod making, but I myself have been in the struggle of this never-ending loop:

Code:
while (true) {
    // start client
    // start server
    // crash server with code
    // change a bit of code
}

Plus, I kind of want to wait for alpha before I get into the modding, but I do admit it would be fun to see what we can do with the current state of the game, and even help Paul with a few ideas. Smiley

Also, if we really wanted to, couldn't we in a way make a mod that would put in a new entity (frog)? (but of course, this would be much more time consuming and error prone-ish).
Duff_Beer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »

Ok. Well good news is I found the coordinates. I had them listed in a different file than the rest of my list of coordinates for some reason.
it is in the -2000's apparently. So its pretty far out there.

Now my question is how do I claim a town? I heard somewhere you can have both a stronghold claim and a town claim. I don't know how to do the town claim.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: