Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:30:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Delays and delays...  (Read 50975 times)
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »

There was a stomach virus going around Oklahoma, I guess it went east.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:24:46 PM »

Really? I didn't hear about it, I don't get sick easily Wink but we did get snow here in MidWest City.. it lasted for hours but in the end, only a couple hours and it melted..
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »

Really? I didn't hear about it, I don't get sick easily Wink but we did get snow here in MidWest City.. it lasted for hours but in the end, only a couple hours and it melted..
Heh. Actually. It was the Flu shots. People are getting really sick because of it. Lots of people unaware that they're being tested on by being injected with half-dead viruses.

BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »

Yeah, options is always good Paul :3... But yeah, that was a HUUUUGE Spoiler alert when you threw it at us xD... I was pretty awesome to see and doesn't REALLY need anything else... I was just thought of it as 'the point beyond the fog'. But it could get annoying if somehow my PC saw like 1,000 blocks far but had that covering most of the ground.... when let's say I'm actually looking for trees. But yeah, even if I could turn it on for a second to see them would be awesome!
Maybe things like telescopes could do this?
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 05:51:42 PM »

Heh. Actually. It was the Flu shots. People are getting really sick because of it. Lots of people unaware that they're being tested on by being injected with half-dead viruses.
The principle of immunizations is to inject the body with "half-dead" (weakened) viruses so's the body can learn how to fight it. Getting sick from immunizations is definitely possible, and so I wouldn't take the risk of getting immunized from the flu, but I highly doubt there is a massive government conspiracy to eliminate all their tax-paying citizens.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 07:34:31 PM »

Yeah, options is always good Paul :3... But yeah, that was a HUUUUGE Spoiler alert when you threw it at us xD... I was pretty awesome to see and doesn't REALLY need anything else... I was just thought of it as 'the point beyond the fog'. But it could get annoying if somehow my PC saw like 1,000 blocks far but had that covering most of the ground.... when let's say I'm actually looking for trees. But yeah, even if I could turn it on for a second to see them would be awesome!
Maybe things like telescopes could do this?

Yeah, I have ideas for telescopes someday, too.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 11:02:00 PM »

The principle of immunizations is to inject the body with "half-dead" (weakened) viruses so's the body can learn how to fight it. Getting sick from immunizations is definitely possible, and so I wouldn't take the risk of getting immunized from the flu, but I highly doubt there is a massive government conspiracy to eliminate all their tax-paying citizens.
Yes, but having the same shot over and over to no gain other than your body saying "What's with all these attacks? It's the same thing over and over every year!"

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 01:05:27 AM »

Yes, but having the same shot over and over to no gain other than your body saying "What's with all these attacks? It's the same thing over and over every year!"

No.  You can't protect against all flu viruses because there are too many and it mutates from year to year.  They try to pick the most common ones or predict which ones will be arriving in the U.S.

Why must every thread go so far off topic?
FutureB
Donators

RAWR

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2013, 01:41:39 AM »

No.  You can't protect against all flu viruses because there are too many and it mutates from year to year.  They try to pick the most common ones or predict which ones will be arriving in the U.S.

Why must every thread go so far off topic?

i think threads might go off topic so badly because people want to try prove their knowledge yet they seem to be wrong or miss informed most of the time which can end up making them look like fools Tongue

i haven't had a flu shot in my life and im fine... ;o

Say the opposite of these words:
1)Always.
2)Coming.
3)From.
4)Take.
5)Me.
6)Down.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »

Actually, it wasn't off topic. It was about the sickness Paul might have had.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »

Except I haven't been vaccinated for the flu... and this wasn't the flu.  (flu is a respiratory illness)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 05:51:12 PM »

Except I haven't been vaccinated for the flu... and this wasn't the flu.  (flu is a respiratory illness)
Correct Cheesy
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 06:30:12 PM »

Aww. Now I don't have any hard evidence.

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »

How big will the delay be approximately?

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 02:26:58 PM »

How big will the delay be approximately?

I don't know yet.  I owe you guys a status update but I was trying to get this one thing done first.

I lost most of last week to being sick.  Even though I was only actually sick for a couple days, I was sick full time.  I only work the day job 8 hours a day but I had a lot of catch up to do the rest of the week.

I spent time with my family this weekend or I would have written a post sooner.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: