Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 08:15:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekly update 2013/10/28...  (Read 7733 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »

I'm going to try to post weekly updates when I can.  I hoped to have more to say this week but life had other plans, once again.

This past week I spent fixing some little issues here and there and getting back into the swing of things.  With the latest JME update, my avatar model stopped loading properly and during the process of fixing that I also cleaned up some other things internal to the model (some normals were backwards, there were some unneeded animation-related buffers, etc..)

It seemed like this week my normal sleep schedule was all out of whack.  I actually found myself up at normal times of day and stuff (like 8 AM).  That's very unusual for me as usually I go to bed at 5 AM and then I'm not up before 11 or so... but the timing was good because there has been a lot of day-job-related activity during the day that was good to be up for.  Day-job activity is kind of a mixed bag.  On the one hand, it's distracting.  On the other hand, having to employ those organizational skills automatically spills back over into Mythruna development.  I figure it about balances out.  I have a little less time to work on Mythruna but I'm also more productive when I do.

I went into this weekend hoping to get a lot done with the object-related stuff and finally get inventory sorted.  I was even up early on Saturday and raring to go but my back had kind of a kink in it.  Well, I went down stairs to visit with the family and somehow completely threw my back out.  This has never really happened to me before so I didn't know what to expect.  Easily the worst back pain I've ever felt... bad enough that I thought I would vomit.  Needless to say, I spent most of Saturday in bed and then slept for close to twelve hours that night.

I was up early this morning and feel much better.  I got a lot of design work done but had to spend the rest of the day working on non-coding projects around the house.

More to come soon, I hope.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »

Its good you feel better, Paul, I love these updates (not the painful parts though). Smiley
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »

How  you talk reminds me of my English teacher. He's awesome and acts kind of like you. Speaking of vomit inducing pain: Avoid things that could provoke the development of Kidney stones... The pain can make you vomit. It's not personal experience but my older brother has experienced it. Now I'm scared.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:12:22 AM »

How  you talk reminds me of my English teacher. He's awesome and acts kind of like you. Speaking of vomit inducing pain: Avoid things that could provoke the development of Kidney stones... The pain can make you vomit. It's not personal experience but my older brother has experienced it. Now I'm scared.

When it seemed like I was going to throw up and I asked my wife for a bowl, kidney stones is what she thought also.  But I wasn't able to talk enough to explain what was happening.  Sounds like no fun at all.

Pretty sure it was what I've always heard called a "back spasm".  I pinched something and then my bodies response was to clench up those back muscles.  Which caused even more pain of a different variety.  As soon as it tried to let up a little bit the pain changed back and so it clenched up again.  Meanwhile my guys are trembling along with it threatening to make me lost by breakfast.  Time with the heavy-duty massager finally got it to ease up enough so I could sleep for a bit.

I have felt worse pain in my life but not for as long as this in one stretch.  I recommend avoiding if possible.
belgariad87
Donators

RPG player for life

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:15:34 AM »

I hope I don't have these bodily problems everyone seems to have. I don't look forward to it.

Specs for future reference:
Windows 7 64bit ; Intel Quad Core ; 8GB RAM ; AMD Radeon HD 6800 ; TB HD
BenKenobiWan
Friendly Moderator
Donators

Jesus loves you!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 11:51:19 AM »

Chiropractors can be good, just a thought.

Thanks for the update!
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »

Just an idea, couldn't stretching and exercising help with these problems? Not to be rude but most people I know don't do either Cheesy
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 05:46:23 PM »

Stretching could help. But not while it's happening, you might tear muscles.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: