Mythruna
April 24, 2024, 11:24:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secret Areas in Towns.  (Read 6495 times)
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2015, 02:31:26 PM »

You know on the derver how some people have made secret passages using objects that have not been made physical? I was thinking when alpha comes around there could be secret passages generated in NPC villages. I quite enjoy that sense of discovery when I find a secret area in a player town on the public derver and I would also enjoy if I could get that same sense of discovery in alpha. A stereotypical example of how this would affect the NPCs is a secret entrance to the thieves guild hidden in the towns sewers. Another example would be a hidden passage way between two houses. My final example is a secret room in an in only access able through another room using a secret key on a hidden keyhole in that room. Please include these ideas in alpha please Paul.  Smiley

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 03:25:47 PM »

And make it so you can break water blocks when holding water in sandbox mode.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 02:19:32 PM »

I like secret areas, too... which is why the seed 0 spawn town has a sort of secret smugglers cave from the inn and the water passed from the fountain to the pool in the dungeon.

It will be interesting to see how easy/hard this will be to replicate in the randomly generated stuff.
ebag51
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »

I'm looking forward to it. Smiley

BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 01:28:47 PM »

There are secret rooms all over my island.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
Iggyjeckel
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 06:39:53 AM »

Under community town or whatever the name finish as we made lots of secrets one leads from pauls tannery to the secret underground church. At least i think we finished the tunnel
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2015, 01:00:57 PM »

Under community town or whatever the name finish as we made lots of secrets one leads from pauls tannery to the secret underground church. At least i think we finished the tunnel

Yeah, I think we broke through to a cave system that was pretty large.  I don't know if we left bread crumbs on how to get around, though. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: