Mythruna
April 28, 2024, 10:09:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: More variation in species?
Yes - 1 (33.3%)
no - 0 (0%)
SWEETROLLS!!!! - 2 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Would you like to see a greater variation of playable non-bipedal/humanoid races  (Read 6156 times)
Kyorl

The Rake, Lord of Moon's Spawn, Mane of Chaos

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:20:41 PM »

I was just wondering what the plan was for different species like centaurs or naga. something that is less commonly seen in video games. Also, playable dragons? i'm completely obsessed with dragons, and playable dragons would make my life perfect. Tongue
What about everyone else? are you fine with the playable species as they are, or would you like something perhaps more "niche"?

i'm not trying to sound biased or anything, i like the current races. But i haven't seen many games with playable dragons, giant spiders, shapeshifters ect...

I don't even know how to word this post very well >.<
Thanks.

Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 08:32:31 PM »

From what I've heard, the playable races aren't likely to change.

The dragons are too big to be playable characters, but modders will happen, and stuff will happen, so it'll happen... Just not 'officially'.

Really, everything on the op is a "moddeers will happen" kind of thing, regarding playable species..

Also wabbajack
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 08:38:44 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Kyorl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:45:02 PM »

From what I've heard, the playable races aren't likely to change.

The dragons are too big to be playable characters, but modders will happen, and stuff will happen, so it'll happen... Just not 'officially'.

Really, everything on the op is a "moddeers will happen" kind of thing, regarding playable species..

Also wabbajack

Well, mods sound fine to me, as long as this game gets done in my lifetime Tongue

P.S Sheogorath for the win! (Also Anomander Rake)

Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:51:56 PM »

I think when modders go to try and make non-bipedal characters they will realize why more games don't have them. Smiley
Kyorl

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 06:02:15 AM »

I think when modders go to try and make non-bipedal characters they will realize why more games don't have them. Smiley

Why are they so much more difficult to make? I wouldn't think it would be THAT much harder...

Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:32 AM »

Why are they so much more difficult to make? I wouldn't think it would be THAT much harder...

It's harder for a bunch of different reasons.  Collision shape is harder.  Walk animation is harder.  Having it not look dumb walking up and down hills is harder.  Turn-related movement not looking and/or feeling stupid is harder.

...this is also why rideable horses is always so late in development and/or is pretty bad when added.  I will have that problem, too, but at least the control scheme and feedback will be different than regular player control.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:00:32 PM »

It's harder for a bunch of different reasons.  Collision shape is harder.  Walk animation is harder.  Having it not look dumb walking up and down hills is harder.  Turn-related movement not looking and/or feeling stupid is harder.

...this is also why rideable horses is always so late in development and/or is pretty bad when added.  I will have that problem, too, but at least the control scheme and feedback will be different than regular player control.
I imagine movement for a creature like a horse to have a forced range to move from, like a car; a car can't simply turn 90 degrees, it has to move a bit out of its current position.
Kyorl

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »

but the more you do it, the better you'll get, yes? Tongue

Print  

Jump to: