Mythruna
April 27, 2024, 08:00:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Spawn?  (Read 13206 times)
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2015, 12:50:36 AM »

I know I heard talk about a new spawn before, is that still going to happen? There's ALOT of clutter around spawn, most of which isn't pretty... So I was just wondering.

... And if there is and you guys need any help building  or something I may be able to help.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:10:18 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 01:56:41 AM »

I won't move spawn until the new version because I want a functioning town near it and at least a talking NPC near the spawn point to explain why you have to walk forever to build anything.

...at minimum, I need a clickable sign post with interactive dialog but I'd much rather have an NPC that does more to force engagement.

There already is a new spawn point created... people just don't spawn there.  But if you walk to the right place you can visit. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »

I won't move spawn until the new version because I want a functioning town near it and at least a talking NPC near the spawn point to explain why you have to walk forever to build anything.

...at minimum, I need a clickable sign post with interactive dialog but I'd much rather have an NPC that does more to force engagement.

There already is a new spawn point created... people just don't spawn there.  But if you walk to the right place you can visit. Smiley

Ah. You and your diamond standards. :p

(not that that's bad)

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 07:50:43 AM »

Well, new players spawning in will be very frustrated wondering why they can't build/destroy anything.  I'd prefer if they at least had the opportunity for understanding before rage quitting.  Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2015, 08:01:26 AM »

Well, new players spawning in will be very frustrated wondering why they can't build/destroy anything.  I'd prefer if they at least had the opportunity for understanding before rage quitting.  Smiley

Well, I meant for the sign vs. villager argument. lol

I can see there being really charismatic living wood signs jumping around spawn.

At any rate, they know to press F1 to get help... Or, god, I hope they do. Like, the first page in the help menu is the "I can't build!" one. Despite all that, I too, am aware that this is an issue. People ask me the same question all the time when I'm building.

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 08:55:22 AM »

I think signs can be awesome, basically, but people don't know how to make signs fun. A slab of wood is boring, but that same slab of wood dancing around yelling at you to get over there and hear what it has to say is, well... novel. Exciting, even. Inanimate objects given life are things we've fancied for ages, after all.

As an aside, I just realized that it has only been you and I discussing things on the forum for quite a while.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 09:37:59 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2015, 12:40:28 PM »

Some people don't check every day... or every hour.  Smiley  I get an e-mail for new posts in a thread... so...
Moonkey

This is probably a picture.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 12:11:37 PM »

That and I don't bother myself to say anything. Just read.

Mythruna: Don't you dare read any posts I made before 2014.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 12:31:31 PM »

Frankly... the whole internet would be far improved if people only responded to things when they actually had something to say.  Smiley  So I respect your approach.
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:22 PM »

Frankly... the whole internet would be far improved if people only responded to things when they actually had something to say.  Smiley  So I respect your approach.
I get what you mean, hehe. I'm not usually informed on the subjects and such so I try not to make myself look like an idiot xD. And, yea, I usually don't have anything to say. I just find it nice to read.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2015, 12:44:34 PM »

I sometimes look at the "Views" counts and pretend (hope?) that those are individual people actually reading what we write. Smiley
Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2015, 12:56:04 PM »

I sometimes look at the "Views" counts and pretend (hope?) that those are individual people actually reading what we write. Smiley
I could see at least 30 individual people reading this! Seeing as Rayblon hit >1000 views on his RP rules thread himself, I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least 500-1000 individual people checking. Wait. I would be surprised actually.

Maybe you could add something that tracks unique IP address views ;P Hehe

Edit: And also my clickbait title for a thread I want to forget about generated some views.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:59:14 PM by Moonkey » Logged

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 02:19:00 PM »

I could see at least 30 individual people reading this! Seeing as Rayblon hit >1000 views on his RP rules thread himself, I wouldn't be surprised if there were at least 500-1000 individual people checking. Wait. I would be surprised actually.

Edit: And also my clickbait title for a thread I want to forget about generated some views.
I'd say for the mythruna RP rules, about 1/5th of the views are unique, given the frequent updates.

Unless you think we can generate 200 views in a single thread, lol
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:23:51 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Moonkey

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 02:54:33 PM »

I'd say for the mythruna RP rules, about 1/5th of the views are unique, given the frequent updates.

Unless you think we can generate 200 views in a single thread, lol
Well, on average, we have about 15-20~ guests on per day!

Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 03:14:34 PM »

Well, on average, we have about 15-20~ guests on per day!

Well, they're not all the same guests either, lol. You have an average of 15-20 concurrent guests, but the actual number of unique visitors each day is indeterminant(to us, at least). There may be different people constantly going on and off of the forum.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:34:09 PM by Rayblon » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: