Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 02:08:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fallout 4...  (Read 30275 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2015, 03:14:24 AM »

Ok, so it's not what you think.  I have not purchased Fallout 4.  It is not consuming any of my free time.

It's my reward... when I finish something else.

I've arranged to take the entire week of Thanksgiving off this year.  Ostensibly, this is to get networking into Mythruna finally once and for all.  I almost hate to write these words down because fate always conspires against me to make me eat those words.  So assuming no new health issues come up, no major breakage of personal property, no new family injuries or emergencies, that's the plan.  But in the last two years, every time I make hard plans like that, something comes along to derail it all.  Here's hoping that doesn't happen this time.

In the mean time, I have to knock a bunch of things off of my virtual to-do list in preparation and so far I'm making good progress there.  Some are even things I have to do out in the 'big blue room' before winter hits full time.

I really want to be playing Fallout 4.  My son also really wants to be playing Fallout 4.  It has taken all of my self control not to take this week off of work with 'radiation sickness' to play it.  Unfortunately, that's the reason why it would be entirely counter-productive to have it.

So it is my reward.  If the stars align and I'm able to get networking into Mythruna this month then December will be Fallout 4 month.  The additional benefit is now my son is nagging me, too.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 06:41:28 AM »

Even if you don't finish the networking, you deserve every break you can get. This may be my own ignorance of your situation speaking, but what I see of you is a person most people wish they were, if only without your trying exxtraordinary circumstances.

So, will this mean that E-Space will be fully functional soon enough?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 07:19:59 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 10:07:07 AM »

So, will this mean that E-Space will be fully functional soon enough?

E-space is what it is.  It's networked and ships can fly around.  I don't remember what I was holding off putting out a version for but I kind of just have to push forward.
BigredRm
Donators

<-o Word up goes to that modern man o->

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 01:55:13 PM »

Within 2 hours of FO4's release they had the rift working with it. I spent 2.5 days downloading the freaking game. Played a little last night. About to have a wasted weekend.

Visit Iron Island @ 1708,702
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 11:04:03 PM »

Within 2 hours of FO4's release they had the rift working with it. I spent 2.5 days downloading the freaking game. Played a little last night. About to have a wasted weekend.

You, sir, suck in the worst possible way.  And I mean that in the best way possible. Wink
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 07:42:41 PM »

Heh heh. I've got a little bit of FO4 hype, but not nearly enough to drop more than 15$ on it. Maybe I'll partake next year. Tongue

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 03:51:04 AM »

Heh heh. I've got a little bit of FO4 hype, but not nearly enough to drop more than 15$ on it. Maybe I'll partake next year. Tongue

If only they would accept bottle caps...
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2015, 03:53:58 AM »

Random: as an experiment, I'm trying to use trello instead of my paper to do lists.  The board is supposedly public.  Don't know if this is the right link or not:
https://trello.com/b/ePlfYipE/mythruna-networking

Notes:
1) it's an experiment so potentially don't read too much into it at this point.
2) for a while, the to-do list will likely grow faster than the 'done' list... at least once I get started for real during Thanksgiving week.  So it's probably not as straight forward as it looks.

especially considering this one:

Could turn out come Friday night that I've forgotten a bunch of stuff since I last put it down so many months ago.
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 03:18:20 AM »

If only they would accept bottle caps...

Actually, someone mailed bethesda a few thousand caps and got a free copy of the game for it. Probably a one-time thing, but that was neat.

oh and http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/031/176/083.gif
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 03:32:13 AM by Rayblon » Logged

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 04:02:03 AM »

Actually, someone mailed bethesda a few thousand caps and got a free copy of the game for it. Probably a one-time thing, but that was neat.

Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was a copy of the game or a pipboy or I'd have mentioned it. Smiley
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2015, 02:11:38 AM »

More progress... still tracking it here:

The neat thing about this page is it auto-updates as I change things.  For those who like to watch paint dry, you can just leave it open. Smiley
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 09:19:50 PM »

"Ham-fisted position updates (using ES components only)"

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 12:05:36 AM »

Heheh.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 05:02:11 AM »

Work-on-Mythruna-staycation... so far so good.
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 06:55:46 AM »

Work-on-Mythruna-staycation... so far so good.

Well, at least the "Done" list is growing even if the 'To-do' list isn't shrinking yet. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: