Mythruna
March 28, 2024, 05:10:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ...and so the adventure begins.  (Read 8098 times)
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2018, 08:09:20 PM »

Hello,

I haven't made a post in a while, and I thought I just ought to say "Hi!" to everyone, so hi! Anyways, I started my college journey yesterday. Why you ask? I'm working the summer. This summer work pays for my room and board for the upcoming school year, then I will work during the school year to pay my tuition. My current work assignment is in the restaurant, and I will primarily be in the creamery. Yay.

And so I shall ask a question to you all: how is life going?

Best regards,
Michael
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:57:26 AM by Michael » Logged
Rayblon
Donators

Hmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »

I found a process that lets me keep working on my hobby writing more reliable if that counts for anything.

pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 01:09:49 AM »

Still cranking away on life here.

I have so far not broken any of my chains but it's been a close call on a few nights (see other post on the subject of productivity).

That's all I'm willing to say at this point.  Irons in the fire, etc..
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 08:21:46 PM »

What are you thinking of majoring in? If I were to guess it's computer science... I personally have an AS in Computer Information Systems and will get my BS in Computer Science next semester! Honestly I don't think I'm the greatest computer scientists but I bet you'll do great (assuming you're pursuing CS) since you seem to have the programmers mindset.

I've been working in a restaurant all throughout college. Definitely isn't a bad job to have. Considering how expensive room and board is these days it sounds like a really great deal for a summers worth of work.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:55:28 PM »

Yeah, I totally spaced on wishing you luck at college.  Definitely keep us posted on how things are going.  It's been neat sort of seeing you progress in little snippets on the forum.
Michael
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 07:23:22 AM »

To Sean:
I'm not all to much into computer science like I used to be. It's mostly used for myself. I'm actually going to major in Biblical Studies. I'm still thinking about having a minor, maybe in business (I'm wanting to be a little entrepreneur, standing at 5'4), but we will see.

To Paul:
It's all good, and I will aim to keep you all posted on college stuff. It has been interesting to see how I have grown as well from when I first came to the forums.
Sean
Donators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:01:00 PM »

I definitely get that. IT is more what I want to do professionally, however I do machining, 3d printing, and 3d modelling for fun. I could have gotten a mechanical engineering degree, but I personally think I'd get more enjoyment if I kept it as a hobby. If I may give you one piece of advice, make sure whatever you're going to college for will make you marketable in the job market. Everyone has their own opinions about what it means to go to college, but if you're paying thousands to tens of thousands of dollars a year it's best to make sure it's a sound investment. I think a minor sounds like a great idea since they typically don't extend your stay at college, and they make your resume stand out just a little bit more.

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." - Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: