Mythruna
March 29, 2024, 12:38:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the new forums. See "Announcements" for a note for new users.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The External Tool's forum information  (Read 6450 times)
pspeed
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2011, 08:34:50 PM »

I've created this forum because more than one person has been interested in writing tools that might access the Mythruna database.  Rather than force everyone with interest to reverse engineer data files, I thought of collecting information that in one place.

Some of this will be about APIs that are already in the game libraries and some of it may be about data structures.  I will attempt to notify the board when data structures change in such a way that might break external tools but being as the game hasn't reached alpha, I can't promise too much stability in all areas.  I will try to be as flexible and open as I can be within the limits of a commercial game development.

All of that being said, at some point there will be concerns of game security.  Postings about tools or information to hack the game in such a way as to compromise basic security will likely be removed.  At the point where it matters, discoveries of game security issues (ie: cheating) should be reported to the bug database and will be handled as appropriate to their relative severity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: